California-Orange County
Options

Wedding reception locations

Hello ladies! I am new to the boards here, but I wanted to know if any of the brides have been able to find a nice reception venue in Orange County that doesn't cost too much.  I am looking to spend approximately $50/person (obviously the lower the better), but not compromise the quality of the food, but so far it seems impossible to find!  Thank you in advance!

Re: Wedding reception locations

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I am in Seal Beach so I have looked mostly between Newport and Long Beach. I felt Long Beach had the best deals. The Reef in Long Beach was about $50-$60 for the space and the food. It has a beautiful view. Also, if you are having a smallish wedding 100 ppl or more La Muse Cafe/WineBar in Long Beach is starts at about $30 per person and has an adorable courtyard or historic building to choose from--just google La Muse Cafe Long Beach. I went to an awsome small wedding here last October. Lastly, my friend was married at a victorian house in Orange which I don't know the name of but I know it was reasonable. PS...look click on our bios/web pages to find reasonable vendors to help keep the budget in tact.
  • Options
    cchang0529cchang0529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lala90- thank you so much for the recommendations!  I've heard about The Reef in Long Beach, but have not looked at the venue yet.  The muse is also another potential venue.  I will definitely book a consultation at both locations!
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well good luck on your quest. We are all here to help and I hope you find a place that works out perfectly :)
  • Options
    Phoenix10Phoenix10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you set on dinner or would lunch work? You might try the Anaheim White House- that started at about $49 for lunch and $57 for dinner (not including your bar, and if I remember right there were like $200 in random other fees- like for the bar set up- tacked on there). I've never eaten there, but have heard great things about the food.I would also suggest the Westminster Rose Center- they are in your price range, and there sales director Terri was super friendly. It's worth checking it out, in my opinion.Good luck! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the boards.  I second the Reef - I have been to multiple things there and have never been disappointed.  The food and view is great - you wouldn't be disappointed.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kayciejoe56Kayciejoe56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took us forever to find a location due to our guest count (300+).  What worked for us was not doing a "wedding package"   It was like 60$ pp and included silly things like mints on the tables.  We ended up doing a Dinner buffet and added in the extras like the chair covers. The dinner buffet came out to only 23$ pp and we had more money to customize our package and upgrade all our linens like i wanted to do :)  Ask any locations that you like if they have dinner packages as an option!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're getting married at the Reef and LOVE it!!!! and of all the places we looked at, it was by far the best deal and exactly what we wanted. other than that, I dont have much of a review.. our wedding is next August!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception site is the Westminster Rose Center, the price goes from around $35 to around $50 pp. I haven't tried the food, to be honest, but they have a wide selection of choices. I don't know how many guest you will have, but in my case it was what we wanted/needed. I love it, it has a big outside area and big ballroom, enough to keep the 350 guest we'll be expecting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paracel Seafood RestaurantWestminster, Caprice includes:cakeh'ordouvreschampagnelinenschair sashestable center piecesmeal: chinese/vietnamese seafood8 course menu-lobster, filet mignon, fried rice, fishprice: starts at about $40/pp to $60You can find them on facebook.
  • Options
    cchang0529cchang0529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are awesome!  Thank you for the quick replies!  I set an appointment for the reef on Saturday, so hopefully that works out.  I will definitely look into all of the other suggestions!
  • Options
    genisegenise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi kayciejoe56: was wondering, where is your reception site? that sounds like a great deal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vicymar:My reception site Paracel Seafood caters for the Rose Center!  It's probably the same folks!  I've been told by many that Paracel has DELICIOUS food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lle1484: Thanks that is good to hear, like I said I still haven't had a tasting, but they had told me the food was done by the Crystal Rose Catering. But to be honest I don't mind who does it as long as it's good, so hopefully Parecel does it since you say they are really.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother and sister in law got married at The Reef a few years ago and it was beautiful.  Great view and great food.  The only thing that happened there was a Columbian festival across the street with about 7000 people attending during the exact time the ceremony was going to be...The Reef knew about it but didn't tell my sister in law until the morning of the wedding.  They did give a free appetizers and wine hour while the guests waited but it sucked for us, the bride and bridesmaids, cause we were stuck in the hotel room waiting all dressed and ready to go and didn't get any of the food.  But it was a story!  I'm getting married at Old Ranch Country Club in Seal Beach...it is beautiful![url=http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tools/tickers/tt46a00.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Options
    Kayciejoe56Kayciejoe56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Genise:  Its the Royal Vista Country Club in Walnut.  The outside ceremony area is a beautiful court yard (although you dont have to have your ceremony there...I am :) )  They have been great so far... havent had to many meetings yet since my wedding isnt til May.  They have a few choices for the dinner buffets... we are going with Mexican food.  Email if you have any questions... its my knottie screen name at hotmail dot com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards