Getting in Shape

Tell Me About Yourself

Tell me about yourself:1.  Are you married yet and if not, when is your wedding date?2.  What are you doing to try to get in shape?  (I.e. watching your diet, WW, an organized exercise program like 30DS or P90X, working out on your own, etc.)3.  What have you found to be the best advice you've gotten in the last month which is helping you to get to your GIS goal?4.  What steps are you taking now to try to get through the winter months without losing momentum?5.  And for fun, what are you looking forward to doing this weekend?

Re: Tell Me About Yourself

• 1. I got married on 10/102. I've been sick lately so I need to get back on the wagon, but I try to eat healthy, I avoid all sugary drinks, I try not to eat late in the evening and I workout on weights and the treadmill at home.3. It is better for your body to use free weights than weight machines.  4. I have a new set-up in my basement with our treadmill,  weight machines and TV which will make for a much better atmosphere to work out.  For the last 10 years I have used an antenna for my TV so the TV part is pretty big for me.5. The weather is supposed to be nice on Saturday so I'm hoping to take a trip to the Baltimore Inner Harbor for the day.  I love it there.
  • 1. I am not married yet, the date is May 21 (woot woot!) 2. I am doing WW and have built exercise into my daily routine because either I feel like I do not have time or I get lazy. I'm in graduate school (graduating 2 weeks before the wedding!) and working full time so I make sure I park at least a mile away from school and work so that I can still get my heart rate up, but I don't need to take time out to go to a gym or do a program; I wish my discipline was as good as the discipline you ladies have! 3. The best advice I have gotten is to stick with it, especially when you fall off. I think that before I used to quit or give up if i had one bad thing to eat, and now it's working with that "bad" thing for the rest of my day and getting right back on track. There have been times when I've gained 2 pounds for a week and instead of getting huffy, it's awesome to see it come off the next, and still keep going! 4. I feel like winter is going to be rough- I have my capstone project due in May, graduation, we close on our house on November 11- all good things, but just stressfull, so I think i'm going to try to cook as much as I can so I'm not tempted to eat out, and build in even more exercise. 5. SLEEPING! I've had class, work, or tutoring kids every day for the past 8 and so I'm looking forwards to a day of rest- and daylight savings!
  • 1. Not married.  We're looking at June 2011 now... why must weddings be so expensive? Blargh. 2. Watching my diet, signed up for two gym classes (kickboxing and free weights), Couch-to-5K with a friend 3. Eat a variety of healthy food that you actually enjoy, and watch portion sizes.  I love good food.  I have to enjoy my food to be happy.  If I had to eat salads every day to lose weight, my diet would fail in a heartbeat. 4. I'm signed up for gym classes through mid-December.  The classes start again at the end of January.  I have no idea how I'll make it through Christmas and New Year's because I'm traveling outside the country for three weeks. I'm terrified I'll gain most of the weight back. 5. FI is in town this weekend.. Yay!  And we're going ziplining on Saturday.
  • Oh, and I meant to add to # 4: Being healthy is not one workout or one meal.  It's not one day or one week.  You need to find a way to change your lifestyle in an enjoyable way.
  • 1. Are you married yet and if not, when is your wedding date? I'm getting married July 16, 20102. What are you doing to try to get in shape? I joined a gym and have been going 3-4 times a week and doing 30 day shred. Also watching what I eat.3. What have you found to be the best advice you've gotten in the last month which is helping you to get to your GIS goal? Don't call it a diet...start eating healthy, really change your habits  and it won't be such a chore.4. What steps are you taking now to try to get through the winter months without losing momentum? I bought some fitness equipment for home. Medicine ball, hand weights and new DVD workouts.5. And for fun, what are you looking forward to doing this weekend? Halloween party with friends
  • 1. I got married July 19th 2008 2. I count calories and grams of carbs/fat/protein. I focus largely on free weights and body weight resistance now, and do cardio. 4-5 days a week for now. 3. If it doesnt hurt, keep doing it. 4. just keep on keepin on. I get tired and slack off when its winter but I love the feeling i get when im active so I am re-working my workouts so that I can continue to enjoy them. 5. nothing!! Not doing anything on the weekend is the funnest thing I can hope for. Lights will be OFF on halloween because i hate kids.
  • 1.  Not yet, June 12, 20102.  WW-really trying to recommit, since I'm "always" (not really) doing WW and working out-we have an elliptical and bike at FI's house.  Also 30DS sometimes, just to tone up and mix it up a bit.3.  Stop making excuses.  Also, only eat holiday food on that holiday.  If it's not Christmas, there's no reason to eat Christmas cookies.  I hope to stick with this.4.  I actually am at my best during the winter.  I think it's because the only time I"m warm is when I'm working out.  And when I work out, I eat well.5.  I'm going to Nashville to see FI.  He's still traveling for work so I'm going to go visit.  Hopefully it'll be a little warmer there than here and we'll get to hang out :)
  • Nebb you made me chuckle. 1. Getting married May 1, 2010 2. I am watching my diet, counting calories, and doing cardio 4-5 days/wk. 3. Protein and fiber, protein and fiber, protein and fiber 4. I've recently gotten access to a treadmill at work--in front of a large flat screen tv, yesssss! I have no excuse not to exercise b/c I can do it on the clock during my break every weekday. 5. I have an alone night tomorrow to catch up on my dvr and Sunday Funday watching football w/ FI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • New here :) 1. August 27 2010 2. Eating healthy, walking at least 2 miles, 4 days a week and Wii Active. Hope to work up to some organized walks and maybe even a run or two. 3.Not really advice but looking at other brides/women who have worked hard for where they are and to see how happy they are with themselves. 4. When it starts to snow I'm going to sign up to a gym for a few months and continue my Wii Active at home. 5. Halloween, downtime on Sunday and starting draping my wedding gown on Monday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Bio -Updated 7/11 image 175 Invited image 140 Partying it up! image 17 Not going to be there image 18 Unknown
    RSVP Date July 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • 1. Not yet. Getting married March 13, 20102. Counting calories, kind of. I have a pretty set routine in terms of what I eat, and don't religiously count calories anymore. But I only surround myself with certain foods and if I get off schedule I definitely count every calorie. As for working out, I try to work out for at least an hour 5 days a week. Twice a week it's more like an hour and a half or two hours, with cardio followed by pilates/yoga. 3. Hmmm... good question. I've been feeling under the weather this week, so I've had to remind myself to listen to my body and if I feel sick to stop or not work out. 4. Not changing anything. I actually gain momentum in the winter, because I have years of conditioning thinking that it's time to get ready for softball season... I get very excited about working out every February. 5. Going shopping for wedding shoes!
  • 1. I'm getting married on July 17, 2010! 2. I'm trying to just do something, anything. Eat healthy. I had reacher day 32 on p90x a while back and then couldn't keep up with the new school year starting. (I'm a teacher.) I'm trying to start p90x again, I'm on day 4, but if I start to get board with it i may just run or do wii fit. 3. I haven't necessarily had a best piece of advice recently, but I have a motivational quote about where I want to be by the wedding that I wrote on flashcards and placed it everywhere so I can keep inspired. It's also helped that I've had my beach body "coach" checking in for accountability. (I signed up with the beach body online site when I got p90x) 4. I don't even know yet, other than focusing on my goal and thinking about how terrible i feel after having unhealthy foods. 5. Sunday is my FI's b-day. I think we may go to a nice dinner (maybe Cheesecake Factory) and a movie.
  • 1. Not married yet, April 2011! Need plenty of planning time!2. I am watching my intake, cutting out the pop is killing me! I have started walking more and just got cleared from my PT to start working out again. I am going back to Curves and will be working out with the hubby-to-be.3. Get moving! No matter what you're doing, just get moving. Also, don't eat if you aren't hungry. I know this part is obvious, but I have had a bad habit of boredom eating at work. 4. I work with teenager boys in a residential facility. We take them to play basketball or volleyball in the gym and I join in on the games. It's a fun way to fit in exercise.5. This weekend we are taking my 3 year old niece Trick-or-Treating! Can't wait til we get to do that with one of our own!
  • 1. We were married August 29th!2. Tracking/counting calories on TDP, Wii Active for some exercise, and I want to get back into running.  Running gave me the best results I think I've ever seen.3. Stay focused.  And if you slip up, that's not an ok to let it all go downhill.  Get back on track, because you can!4. We'll be renovating our new house in the new year, so I intend on getting a lot of hidden exercise, that and I really want to get better at snowboarding this year.  I didn't get out at all last year, and that bums me out.  So, I'll just be switching modes of exercise.Oh, and we bought a house on a corner.  That equals a huge chunk of sidewalk that needs to be shoveled.  Sounds like a good plan to me!5. Halloween kegger woooo! Yeah, not the best for the diet plan, but a girls got to live! 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards