Pennsylvania-Central

Lancaster Ceremony whhhhhaaaaatttttt

Dilemma:I was raised catholic (but now am not practicing). FI is an atheist (oh yes, relatives are thrilled). Wedding: July 4. We would like to get married in a place with nice photo op's. Maybe outside??Our reception is at the Eden Resort but we think we want a ceremony more photo-friendly than a hotel can provide. We looked at Central Park (big hill not great for elderly guests) and Landis Valley (only place they offered was next to a cemetery). Solution: ???????????????????????

Re: Lancaster Ceremony whhhhhaaaaatttttt

• edited December 2011
    so what do you need help with: finding a location, or dealing with the religious component? (I'm not very familiar with lancaster area myself) :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • caracbearacaracbeara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry...finding a ceremony location. Not the religious aspect. I just typed it all funny cause I'm in a weird mood. Theres a halloween fest at work today :)
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on how big your wedding is, check into Steinman Park. My friend got married there and got gorgeous wedding photos.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding at Landis Valley in September and I don't remember it being next to a cemetery... maybe I wasn't paying attention lol. What about a local park? They usually don't cost much and if the state keeps up with them they can make very nice pictures. A local Winery could be nice too. Sorry I don't have any names I'm not familiar with the area but those are some ideas hope they can help a little :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you for the suggestions! The area at Landis they offered was behind the visitors center. This part is by the cemetery. Since we aren't having our reception there we were limited. I will check out that other park mentioned. I was hoping someone would point out some secret photography gold mine in the area. Maybe it's just wishful thinking :)Happy Halloween!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know anything about Greenfield Industrial Park?
  • edited December 2011
    We just had ours at the Ephrata Cloister - which would be an easy drive down 272. They have a beautiful outdoor amphitheater. Unfortunately it rained, so we were in the back up chapel - which is still beautiful. It has tons of great photo ops - see my post below to see some of my pro pics :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooo thanks!!!
  • rorileyroriley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding at Landis valley..it was wonderful!
  • edited December 2011
    Steinman Park will not allow a ceremony if you are not having your reception at the Press Room restaurant. Have you checked into the Wheatland Mansion?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Akron Park (Roland park) has a gazebo and I have seen a wedding there once. There is a big pond that is shapped like a heart.
  • MakeupbyTrishMakeupbyTrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why dont you talk to a local photographer in the area...that may help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards