Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Bands

I am wondering if anyone has used live bands in the twin cities area, and if so, who people have liked or not liked?

Re: Bands

• edited December 2011
    My Fiance is a musician, so I know tons of musicians in the twin cities.  What kind of music are you looking for?
  • blueizz0blueizz0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking for a band that can play a variety of things during the reception, so essentially a cover band.
  • sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could look at MN bride for the "best of bands." There are lots and most play at public shows so you can go see them.  On band actually asked us to crash a wedding to come hear them—we did too, but just for a couple minutes.   We decided not hire them; they were lack-luster on stage. Don’t forget to negotiate.   They was a post asking about before the dance music, you should get the band to through something in if you think to ask about it before the contract.  
  • edited December 2011
    We had George Faber and the Icons.  They were amazing and kept people dancing all night long.
  • kbjordanikbjordani member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the R Factor and they were fantastic...we had so many compliments, from people of all ages.  Our dance floor was packed all night.  They have a list of over 500 songs that they play, covering a wide variety of music!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards