Snarky Brides

This is what IF looks like.

2»

Re: This is what IF looks like.

• I wasn't sure where I'd gotten the 3 from but I knew it wasn't many.  15 still isn't enough. You are right about that.  

That your clinic refunds is amazing.  Are they picky about who they accept as a patient to make up for that policy?

OMG - I can't imagine spontaneous triplets.  I'd be freaking out.  A friend of mine had triplets after her IVF, but they put back 3 embryos (2 very good quality and 1 very poor quality that wouldn't have made freeze) and all 3 stuck.  

There's a lot of European countries that are legally limited to only fertilizing 1 egg and then doing a single embryo transfer (due in large part to a fair amount of religious influence in lawmaking and not being allowed to have "leftover" embryos), but they also have studies that show they have very similar results to the US as far as take home baby rates per cycle - at least according to some of the embyologists I work with.
  • Wow, Blue.  I have crazy respect for you and what you are going through.  I'm sending you good vibes for this round.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They are not picky at all.  If you are infertile, they take you.

From what I remember when information gathering while trying to decide 1 or 2 embryos, there is not much more of a success rate just because you put back in 2.  Its a little higher, but not by much.  The only thing is that when 1 takes, they both usually take.  But its more the embryo quality.  If you have great quality embryos and make it to a 5 day transfer rather than a 3 day transfer, and your embryos are at the blast stage, your chances are higher of at least 1 sticking.

However, if you decided on transfering only 1 embryo, and you had poor fertilization and the embyos are not grade A or B, you would probably reconsider and put back in 2 since they are not the most ideal embryos.  But like I said, I put back in 2 grade A's, but they were only 8 cell and 6 cell (would have liked to have been at least 8-10 cells each) and only 1 took and didnt even stick around.  I did a 3 day transfer because out of 10 eggs, 7 fertillized, but 4 of those were abnormal, so I ended up with 3 embryos.  1 of them was a grade C 5 cell so we took the 2 grade A larger cell ones.  They didnt want to chance the embryos not making it to day 5 and me losing the cycle, so we went ahead and did a day 3 transfer.  It was the right choice because the grade C embryo died before it could make it to freeze.

Also, on the other hand, there are girls who put back in low quality embryos, and all of them take.  There is no exact science to it. And a lot of it is a game time decision.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:79db9c97-6733-4d51-a830-32a8b66bf6af">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. :   Although 1 girl on TB did only transfer 1 embryo and is having identical triplets, ha!
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I can't even imagined how shocked they must have been!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:9af08b04-c517-4611-ba9d-f20de58adb45">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : I can't even imagined how shocked they must have been!
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Oh big time.  She had said they didnt want to chance twins, so they just fel more comfortable putting back in 1, lol.  She has gotten over the shock and is really excited, but yeah, she was pretty speechless.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:838cce76-ac5b-4ab1-8640-c251a182bc0e">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are not picky at all.  If you are infertile, they take you. 

<div>That is awesome.  With a policy to refund that much $ for an unsuccessful transfer you'd expect them to weight their scales by only accepting patients with good probabilties of success in this day and age.  Your clinic is indeed awesome.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:c7464aa0-1100-4956-ab70-655218448a48">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : That is awesome.  With a policy to refund that much $ for an unsuccessful transfer you'd expect them to weight their scales by only accepting patients with good probabilties of success in this day and age.  Your clinic is indeed awesome.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I feel really lucky to live somewhere that has so many great hospitals and Drs.  I  mean Boston is well known for their groundbreaking medical stuff (along with other places), and it is just reassuring to know im in good hands.  My RE's resume is incredible.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That initial picture overwhelmed me, and the more I read - the more excited I have become. I really knew very little at all, and now just want this to be a journey with a successful end  for you!

~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I wish all the best for you blue, I know it hasn't been easy at all. And seeing all those shots and everything, man. You are very strong as everyone else has already said.
  • My very best wishes for you and your family! You are one strong woman. I have PCOS and we will be trying to get pregnant shortly after we marry. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Way late to this, but I wish you lots of luck on round #2!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    Best of luck to you, Blue.
  • Sending good vibes your way!
  • I've got fingers and toes crossed for you,Blue. I don't know a lot about the specifics of IVF and I really respect you sharing your experience here. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-is-what-if-looks-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:64ae27d5-13d1-4064-ade7-b5182a36c6dcPost:22fbdd48-1366-4d87-88b7-b774dff45493">Re: This is what IF looks like.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is what IF looks like. : I live in a state where IF coverage is mandatory to some extent.  And my insurance covers a lot.  They will cover 6 IVF's.  I just pay a $25 co-pay for most office visits.

New Jersey is one of the few states that covers infertility treatments. Unfortunately, my insurance policy was not written in NJ (even though I live and work in NJ) so they were able to avoid paying for anything. We had to pay for everything out of pocket and I'm still pissed off about it.

Every time I injected the Gonal it was $225 a day for 10 days, plus the internal ultrasounds every other day at $230 a pop, plus bloodwork etc etc and you know the rest. We spent between $5 - $6k a month for six months. Once we get settled in the new house I'm going to research insurance alternatives.

You're very lucky and I wish you all the best and tons and tons of baby dust.
    imageimage
  • Best of luck to you guys! Babies are awesome and once you guys have your little bundle everything will be worth it. Everyone keeps saying you're so strong but I know even strong people have bad days: keep your focus and you'll make it through! I lost my first baby but I now have a 2 month old baby girl, she's the most amazing thing ever! You can do it :)
    Success is not for the chosen few but for the few who choose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards