New Hampshire

HONEYMOON

HI,On this rainy day I thought it could use a little sunshine (or the thoughts of warm sunshine and a frosty drink)Looking for anyone who wants to brag about their honeymoon.If you used a travel agent, who were they?  Why were they great?Where did you go?Any other details appreciated.  We are starting to look for place and my FI hasn't been any where so i'm thinking warm, adventure, and AI.Thanks

Re: HONEYMOON

• edited December 2011
    I'll brag. Hahaha. The HM is really the most exciting thing we have booked. Royal Caribbean cruise from Venice to Croatia, Turkey, and Greece. We booked it through RC, and they were really helpful when we called. They asked us about the purpose of the trip and made sure we were in a room that would not have an obstructed view. We looked at Sandals in Antigua - that seemed like it would be very cool. My cousin stayed at a Sandals in Jamaica and they did a lot of active stuff (zip line comes to mind).
  • edited December 2011
    WE are going to Maui for 10 days! I cant wait... Its going to be amazing. We researched and booked everything ourselves. We are staying at two different hotels and though I dont quite know how they are right now I can let you know in 12 days.
  • hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like this topic! We are going to Fiji for two weeks. We will be splitting up our time between two different resorts on opposite parts of Fiji.I actually used Journey Pacific out of Las Vegas. In order for a travel agent to book trips to Fiji they have to be certified and there are only a couple out there, you can find them on the Fiji government website. So far they seem to be great. We have gotten some amazing deals on our rooms and flights that we would have never gotten on our own. They also handle all areas of the South Pacific such as BoraBora and Tahiti.I can't wait, I think I'm more excited about the HM than the wedding.Good Luck! Remeber this is your honeymoon and you probably won't have many opportunities to take 2 weeks off from work and travel to any place in the world, so make it good and do exactly what you two want.
  • edited December 2011
    We went to Bali, Indonesia. It was heaven on earth... We stayed at 3 resorts there. We started at a low-key relaxing resort where we could just dine and relax in the beautiful atmosphere. Then we moved to the middle of the island and went white water rafting, went to a monkey forest, and did a lot of shopping in the art area. We got some paintings, wood carvings, and blown glass--- yeah try traveling back with all of this! Then we went to the popular tourist area. We hit up the beaches, night clubs, and shopping. It was perfect. I used my best friend's father as my travel agent... he isn't one... but he is Indonesian and goes home often... So he hooked us up with some amazing things. It wasn't AI.. but it was a trip worth taking... like pp said... it isn't often you get to go away for a week or two... so make this one special.
  • edited December 2011
    we went to couples negril in jamaica and had an amazing time. we used nancy finn from my island getaways as a travel agent and she was phenomenal. she gets raves on the honeymoon board. couples resorts are AI which was great for us at the time...someday when we're loaded we'll go on a big wild vacation, but AI was so convenient. i think it was approx $3300 for 7 nights and round trip air from boston. let me know if you would like more jamaica info =)
  • edited December 2011
    I like this post because FI and I are still undecided...not to mention that we still don't know if/how long we can take a HM for... But I would really like to take a cruise...to Europe... I have been to the Caribbean and its not my thing, and FI just will be happy to leave the country :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my favorite topic :)   We went to Sandals Dunn's River in jamaica and it was AMAZING.  It's a smaller resort then Negril or Montego Bay and I really liked that it wasn't gigantic but yet still had everything we needed/wanted.  We climbed the infamous Dunn's River Falls which was AMAZING, went snorkling, and swam with dolphins (hey our honeymoon is only happening once and that was one of my pre-reqs when we were picking places-- well worth the money!).  They had tons of other excusions that we didnt get to do but I've heard raves about such as zip lining and horse back riding!We used Robert from Beach Bum Vacations and he was wonderful to work with.  Very thorough and helpful with narrowing down our search criteria and finding us a good deal.  He also called me back in 10 minutes on the day before my wedding (a SAturday) when I was freaking out because I lost our passports and didnt know who else to call about getting new ones.  I highly recommend his service.  You can email him at Robert@Beachbumvacation.com.  Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were going to the Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau Bahamas. I can't wait! We booked it through Sandals.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been on my honeymoon yet but in March FI and I spent 10 days at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa in Honolulu, Hawaii.  We went to the pool and the beach every day, went to an amazing Hawaiian luau, visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial and the Honolulu Zoo, etc.  Hawaii is a dream honeymoon location, the weather is perfect, the scenery is beautiful and the mood is very romantic!  I loved that it combined the white sand and blue water of the Carribbean with a safe, secure environment that features every upscale hotel, store and restaurant imaginable. 
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Occidental in Costa Rica and LOVE LOVE LOVED it! DH wasn't all tat convinced about Costa Rica and he even ended up loving it :) I would recommend it to anyone! Especially if you like adventure!
  • puzzlepiece06puzzlepiece06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it...thank you for all the posts.  Its so fun reading where everyone is going to be.  ninny, we are considering Costa Rica as well.  we love the adventure, one of our best camping trips has been to Acadia becuase it was new and there was so much to see.  I want that in a honeymoon but a little warmer than Maine :).livandrich, that is the resort we keep going back to.  One of the biggest draws to Jamaica is the shorter flight.  I soooo wanted Hawaii but fiance hasn't flown at all is really nervous, he'll be fine but i thought i'd spare him the long journey for his first flight.
  • edited December 2011
    i would love to give you some moer info if you're interested. we just had such a good time, after agonizing over where to go. the short flight was a major draw for us- we couldn't afford to do more than 7 nights and we didnt want to basically lose 2 entire days to travel. we left boston at 6 am on monday and were on the beach in the afternoon!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that would be great. my email is jill2414@comcast.net. send me everything and anything you want.  likes, dislikes, what were must do's and what was a waste of time.  what kind of room you stayed in and was it worth it.  I could (and have) read for 2 straight days, i think im a bit obsessed with Jamaica which is weird becuase until it was mentioned it was never really in my head. I look forward to your email
  • edited December 2011
    hey girl, your email address isnt working for me to forward you a review.  let me know what to do =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shocking.  jill2414@comcast.net  ?  not working.  I don't know.. send me your email and i'll send a test email to you.TY
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards