Registry and Gift Forum

registry items returned?

Ok, so I'll admit I'm sort of registry stalker but not so much lately since my shower was two weeks ago and I'm not as curious BUT last week I went on my registry to add some holiday items and noticed a couple of gifts that had been purchased since my shower - yay!  I told FI about the holiday items I added and he didn't like some of them so I went on there today to change them and guess what - the items that had been purchased have been returned and are no longer on the "fulfilled" list but back on the "needs/wants" list.  Should I be worried?  Do you think this was a computer glitch or did some people really buy things then return them?  Has this happened to anyone else?  It's all a little strange...

Re: registry items returned?

• It may have just been a computer glitch.  I had a glitch with my Macys registry.  Everything was fine one day then a week later I was stalking (my good friend said she bought me a gift off the registry and I was bad and looked I know I am horrible) and noticed It said I had registered for 12 food processors.  That one had been purchesed and I still need 11 more.  I don't know if maybe it got messed up when said friend bought me the food processor or what.  Maybe someone tried to manually update the system and screwed up.  Anyway it looks fine now.  But I do pop on every week or so to make sure.  At least that is how I justify the stalking to myself. :)  
  • I have returned registry gifts before.  Usually it is because I find the item somewhere else for less but once or twice it was because I just flat changed my mind and gave cash/different gift.I wouldn't worry until you have an actual reason to do so.
  • I wouldn't worry about it just yet.  As PP said, there can be a few reasons why it will still show up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards