Wedding Party

WP board Poll of the day

Ok, now that I am posting at a normal hour: What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? What about in halloween costumes? What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? What was your favorite costume? Did you buy costumes or make them? PS- Happy Halloween!
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WP board Poll of the day

• What is your stance on dressing up dogs in clothes? Halloween costumes?I thought it was horrible until I got an adorable little puggle, and he's just begging to be put in a pumpkin outfit to help pass out candy tomorrow. However, the only other thing I've ever put him in is a jersey for my college football team for one of our biggest rival games. Everyday dressing of the dog, not so much. Favorite candy to recieve?Homemade popcorn balls from my neighbor. Makes me sad that this would never fly now...I'd love to make yummy treats to pass out on Halloween. Did you have a dentist on your route?Yep - my best friend's dad. Did the whole toothbrush and sugarless gum thing, of course. But he dressed up in awesome outfits that more than made up for the 'treats'. What was your favorite costume?I did love my Cinderella costume - so much that I tried to wear it to school and birthday parties a few times. Did you buy or make costumes?Depended on how much time my mom had - if she wasn't super busy she would sew us really great costumes. If she was, we'd do the Wal-Mart thing.
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? I don't care what people do with their pets as long as the dogs don't seem to mind and some doggy clothes are pretty functional (such as sweaters or raincoats!)What about in halloween costumes?  See above.What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child?   Reeses PB cups.Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? No.What was your favorite costume?  I really liked this one vampire costume I had - with a big, comfortable cape made of velvet with a giant hood. It was the warmest, most comfortable costume ever!Did you buy costumes or make them? A little of both.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? Not a fan, but as long as the dog isn't visibly uncomfortable, not my problem. What about in halloween costumes? See above.  The owner comes off as a little less crazy on Halloween, though. What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child?  Reese's!  And Dots.  I totally love Dots. Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route?  Not that I remember. What was your favorite costume?  As a kid, it was the Belle dress I found lying on top of a big box of masks at Savers, after I'd given up on being able to be Belle that year.  It was too small, but dammit, I was a princess!  As an adult, it's gotta be a tie between Mrs. Incredible and the Mad Hatter.  Did you buy costumes or make them?  I was always a bit impressed with myself for how accurate the Disney costumes I could cobble together from things I found lying around the house or at thrift stores were.  I ran out of time last year, so I ended up renting my Tinker Bell costume, which made me sad.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • [b]What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes?[/b] I really hate the idea, but I always go "aww" when I see them walk by which leads me to believe that I will someday dress up the dog that I plan to get this year. Eek. [b]What about in halloween costumes?[/b] I think it's super cute to put pets in costumes for halloween. [b]What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child?[/b] I loved getting starburst. Me and my siblings would sort out our candy on the floor and then trade too. [b]Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route?[/b] Yes there was a dentist and he always gave out toothbrushes...hated getting them because not only were they not candy, but they were also super cheap, so my mom didn't want us to use them anyways. [b]What was your favorite costume?[/b] My mom made me a Princess Jasmine costume and my stomach was exposed. However, I really like the costumes I wear NOW with DH! [b]Did you buy costumes or make them?[/b] I don't like to buy them anymore. My mom always made ours so I like to try and carry that on, even though I can't sew.
    My Planning Bio
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? i love a small dog in cute clothes, as long as they seem happy in them.  i saw a chihuahua cowering in a tutu once, thank was just kind of sad... What about in halloween costumes?  same as above... What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? 3 muskateers!  still love them... Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? not when i was growing up, but my parents neighbor now is one... he still gives out candyWhat was your favorite costume? an angel when i was in 1st grade Did you buy costumes or make them? usually bought but sometimes added homemade touches
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? I could take or leave this.What about in halloween costumes? This I LOVE. People come up with such clever costumes!!What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? A kit kat or reese'sDid you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? My friends dad was a dentist and we would trick or treat together. I later found out our dads were carrying beers while they took us trick or treating and apparently would get new ones at certain houses. All the dads in the neighborhood were apparently doing this. Who says grown ups can't have fun?What was your favorite costume? I always loved being a witch.Did you buy costumes or make them? Usually I threw things together with things we already had. A jeanskirt, flannel shirt and cowboy hat and boots was a cowgirl, my dad's college graduation gown and a pointy hat made a witch, a white nightgown and some wings and a halo from the christmas show made an angel.
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? Normally NoWhat about in halloween costumes? I say no but my FI mom bought her toy poodle a jack-o-lantern costume and it is adorable!What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? WhoppersDid you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? hahaha...yeah and his wife did give us candyWhat was your favorite costume?  I was a dice for like 5 years because I loved it so much...it was a computer box with a head and 2 arm holes cut out.Did you buy costumes or make them? Made them but that is part of the fun I think
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? It's completely atrocious to treat your dog like it's a doll. But, I understand, some dogs because of size and weather do need sweaters or shirts for health, and I'm completely supportive of that reasoning.What about in halloween costumes? Once again, please don't treat your dog like a doll.What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? Twix. I wish it was ok to eat only Twix.Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? No, but I did have an older lady who apparently ran out of candy ever single year by the time I got to her door and gave me bruised and icky apples. I always told her thanks but what I really wanted to tell her was thanks for the thought, but your old apple is going to leave juice all over my precious candy.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oops, I cut off the last part!What was your favorite costume? My favorite was when my two older brothers and I went as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...except such was life that we were all Raphael. It made for classic Halloween photos that we all still laugh at.Did you buy costumes or make them? We did a little bit of both. It kind of depended on if I (or any one of my siblings) started whining weeks in advance of Halloween or close to Halloween. Either way, our mom was awesome and always bought/whipped up something to fit the bill.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Licia, I want to see this TMNT costume picture. Sounds funny.
    My Planning Bio
  • Stina, you are in luck, because work is slow and I happen to have this picture at the ready for a laugh. I apologize to everyone because I suck at the whole posting pictures thing. This is probably going to be huge, so I'm really sorry![img]http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx63/Licia86/TMNT.jpg[/img]I'm the little one. And contrary to what the shag carpet says, that was unfortunately taken in the late 80s.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is HILARIOUS! Love it. How cute!
    My Planning Bio
  • I'm not a fan of dressing up dogs EXCEPT for holidays.  A dog in a cat costume would amuse me.  :-)I LOVED Milky Ways!No dentist on the trick or treating routeMy favorite halloween costume was probably when my mom made my costume and I was an elf on top of a mushroom.  It was SO CUTE!!We did combo costumes.  When I was younger a lot were handmade.  Now I try to hand make to keep the cost down.  Tmorrow I'll be Julia Child!
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? usually I'm not that impressed, but my mom's black lab looks really cute as a bumblebee!What about in halloween costumes? maybe for one day...if it doesn't hurt the dogWhat was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? I've always been a fan of butterfingers - I hated getting stuff like raisins!Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? noWhat was your favorite costume? when I was around 5 I was a ballerina and I loved that costume - it was all pink and I had an awesome tutu!Did you buy costumes or make them? most of them were made either by my mom or by myself once I got olderHappy Halloween!!!
  • only sweaters if they get too coldCostumes are cute if you're taking them out with you, if you're making them walk around the house in it that's a little too muchSnickersI don't know if I did.  I did get a toothbrush from one house every year and a banana from another but I think they just don't do candy.I don't actually remember wearing it but when I was 3 my mom dressed me up as a 'rock and roll' pumpkin.  I had the pumpkin thing that goes over your clothes, green tights, black shoes, and green metalic hair.  She has the pictures at her house and I love them.When I started getting a little older I started making a few costumes, I always felt like I was too fat for cute ones so half the time I didn't dress up.
  • What is your stance on dressing dogs up in clothes? *Only acceptable on Halloween What about in halloween costumes? *See above What was your favorite candy to receive on halloween as a child? *I love anything chocolate, but probably Reese's Peanut Buttter Cups. Did you have a dentist on your trick or treating route? *If I did, I didn't know it. What was your favorite costume? *As a kid? I liked being a pirate. Now that I think of it, I still do. Gotta love those swashbucklers! But my fave costume of all time was when I was wind (my BIL was Earth, and my sis was Fire) Did you buy costumes or make them? *Some of each? I had a vampire costume I bought and I'm painting my face. H's we put together - bought a 3 piece suit, red bowtie, red pocket square, black shoes, white shirt, wig (which I had to paint)... and then I'll be doing FX & face painting on him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards