Texas-Houston
Options

FTD anyone?

So has anyone used FTD.com to order their flowers? I’m a little concerned about the quality since you really don’t know how they’ll turn out, till it’s too late. I’m wondering how the local FTD florists treat online orders.

Re: FTD anyone?

• Options
    jmo2187jmo2187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've ordered flowers and plants from them, but just single bouquets not large quantities. All of the recipients have been happy with the flowers/plants and I make sure I get a pic of them to make sure they look good. HTH!
  • Options
    txbootsytxbootsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually use 1800flowers.com
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't use them for your wedding... They look very generic and old school.  Kind of not wedding-ish enough. IMOUse a floral designer that will work with you and personalize your flowers to coordinate with your decor.I'm a wedding floral designer-that's not why I'm on here...I'm getting married sometime within the next year to year and a half.  If you need help, I'd love to work with you though :)  Just let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thought:Past brides may know this now, but there is so much more that comes along with a wedding florist or floral designer also... we don't just dump the flowers on the doorstep and run.  We take the time to deliver them, place them right on tables, etc.  We'll even wait until your ceremony is over and transfer them to your reception site if you are wanting to reuse them.  We do all the work so that nobody has to worry about the decor :)  Some people don't realize that's an issue until they are in the middle of dealing with who is going to transport the altar arrangements from the ceremony to the reception! :o It creates unnecessary chaos.FTD.com does not offer any of that
  • Options
    brookensteinbrookenstein member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks karlieb… A floral designer would be wonderful, however we’re on a very tight budget--haven‘t found any florists in our price range. Plus it’s going to be a pretty small wedding, we’re each having 2 attendants, pretty much just family and a few friends. The flowers are still up in the air, but I have to pick something soon. Ahhhh!!!
  • Options
    txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried HEB on I10 and Bunker Hill?  There is a woman there (I forgot her name-Phan?) who has amazing ideas.  We sat with her just to get an idea and she was very knowledgable and offered a lot of suggestions.  We would used her, but our wedding is in San Antonio and HEB won't send her to SA.  Anyhow they had really nice center pieces of hydrangea, calla lilly and roses for $35 and she said if we were to provide our own vases and ribbon, it would be even cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards