Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehersal dinner options...

Ok, so with both mine and FI's family being very budget friendly, we need some good recs for our rehersal dinner... We need to keep cost per person down as much as possible, the highest we can go being $20 pp... Any suggestions?
~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rehersal dinner options...

• edited December 2011
    Hamilton County park district does catering, and you can use some of the banquet halls. From my understanding, no charging for the room, pretty much just the catering.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really??? Do you know if the info is on their website?
    edited December 2011
    Hm... they are a bit too high, any other suggestions?
  • jerobe4jerobe4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where are you getting married? we had ours at Michael J. Colligan Lodge in Hamilton at veterans park. It is really a neat place. My husbands parents catered in montgomery inn and you can bring your own drinks and just hire a bartender. Everyone thought it was a really cool place and we had a great time. The outdoor patio is a great place to just set up some cornhole, hang out by the river and drink. You can make it expensive or really cheap. They even have a full kitchen if your fiances family wants to just make the food themselves.
    Baby Brady coming June 18, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if this would work for you, but we had a small rehersal dinner back at DH's parents place. It was fun, relaxing, and more intimate. We had a chance to visit everyone and you could hear everyone talk. His mom had Jimmy Johns subs and then had some help making the rest of the food.....
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies, keep em commin!I thought about dinner at their house, but honestly, just not enough room... There would possibly be about 30 of us so.... not sure that would work lol!
  • edited December 2011
    We did what KJ did. We had pulled pork and several sides over at DH's parents' house. It was absolutely perfect. I think we had about 25 people total.
  • Zim345Zim345 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with your wedding venue and see if they have any spaces for rehersal dinners. We are tossing around the idea of having ours in the center for the church we are using for the wedding. The FI's fam is catering in something cheap (we asked for just some fried chicken or something low key) and we are all having it there and relaxing :)
  • edited December 2011
    Dewey's!  We had the private room at the Harpers Point location (the only one with a private room).  There is no liquor, but for pizza, salad, soda and tip, it would be $400 (plus tax).  It was laid back, but we also had great service.   My only problem was that everyone paid for their own drinks, but my in laws wanted to pay for everything.  I think if we had told the server to put it on one check beforehand, it wouldn't have been a problem.  http://www.deweyspizza.com/cincinnati/harpers/partyroom
  • edited December 2011
    Here is the info: http://www.hamiltoncountyparks.org/reservations/banquetcenters.htmGo under reservation, then menus.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• mollyfayemollyfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really like italian food so FI's mom has booked us a private room at Olive Garden (we have 30-35 people who will be attending) and I think she told me it's around $15 pp for unlimited salad and bread and any 5 dishes we choose. It will be seperate so still intimate even though it's a public place. It's exactly what I'm looking for (FMIL is so good at that). Maybe you could look into a restaurant you frequent or just like a lot. Good luck!
    edited December 2011
    Actually, that would be wonderful... Do all Olive Gardens have a private room for that many? Which one are you going to? .... Oh one last question, I thought about them, but I didn't see a menu like that on their website, was it something you had to call them and arrange? TIA!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if they all do or not. I believe she's set us up for Fairfield, and if it's not Fairfield it would be Colerain I just don't remember. She called and spoke to a manager and explained to them what we wanted and they called her back with the price and confirmation so I'm assuming it's something they worked out aside from their normal options. If they did it for us they better do it for you! Glad to help!
    edited December 2011
    You were a big help! I think I'll call them on Monday and see what they say! Thank you so much!...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards