Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

New Orleans Yacht Club? Oh, and a rant

So....here's the deal: We originally were having our wedding/reception at The Foundry (LOVED IT!) until my dad broke the news that he would no longer be able to contribute financially to our wedding. Unfortunately, due to those circumstances, we could no longer afford any portion of the wedding so we cancelled it. We then decided that our best option would be to elope to our desired honeymoon spot and have just our parents there at the ceremony. We were pretty set on that idea until his parents said that they weren't going to come since THAT would be a large expense on their part. So that plan was scrapped. So, after years of planning (we have been engaged for 4 years but wanted to wait until we finished college), I am back at square one and don't know where to go from here. A friend of Dave's mentioned the New Orleans Yacht Club as an option since he could probably get us a good deal on it. That way we could have the traditional, small wedding we planned on in the first place AND it may be less expensive. But I know nothing about it. I've looked at the website but there aren't many helpful pictures to get a grasp on what it looks like. So I wanted to get someone's input before I made an appointment to check it out. Is this a good spot to get married? Has anyone ever heard of getting married there? P.S. Sorry for the long post. I would really appreciate any advice you have. Thanks so much!!!

Re: New Orleans Yacht Club? Oh, and a rant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you speking of the Southern Yacht Club, or the Municipal Yacht Club? I am assuming that you are talking about Southern Yacht Club. If so it would be a beautiful venue! It is brand new and will be very nice with a breathtaking view!! We actually wanted to have our reception there, but they DO NOT do Friday weddings, and we are getting married on a Friday. We were upset at first but found the venue of our dreams!! Good Luck I truly understand what you are going through!! HTH!!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    lizmaryolizmaryo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to here you're having so much trouble!! I know a bit about New Orleans Yacht Club, because my dad has been a member, and on the comity for years. I called him, and asked him for you. He said that he's been to 10 weddings there and they've all been great. He says their coordinator is fantastic, and will really take care of you and work with you. Her name's "Buzzy". And you don't need to make an appointment, you can just go in, and asked for her. I've been in there, and it's a pretty big space. It has a good view, and really pretty flooring. My brother was even considering getting married there. And I think for you, It'd be great. (He ended up with a $50,000 wedding at Oak Alley) Tell me how it goes!! I hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    i_heart_davei_heart_dave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for asking about the NOYC for me lizmaryo!! Sorry for such a delayed response on this post. So much has been going on! We met with Buzzy a few weeks ago and I loved her but we decided to look elsewhere. I wasn't too impressed with the outside especially when the Southern Yacht Club is sitting right next to it :) So we are looking at Pat O's on the River and a few other places. I wasn't sure if this wedding was going to happen but then I found my dress and it's been game on since!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards