Wedding Party

NWPR: Dress Fail

The DJ I used was awesome, and he takes photos during the reception and posts them on his website. I don't think he should have put this one up. I can almost see boob. [img]http://tinyurl.com/yz878fb[/img]
My Grandparents on their wedding day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bio
Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.

Re: NWPR: Dress Fail

• If you had jumped a second earlier, you might have ended up on wedinator.com. Not good!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • haha, don't worry, this isn't me!
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • You're looking fine IMO. Clearly a headstand or jumping jacks wouldn't be prudent but it seems OK. Not the most flattering but ok.
  • Here is me, my dress was so secure, there was no boogage that could get out. :P [img]http://tinyurl.com/ygru95c[/img]
    bio
  • I went for my first fitting the other day, and my dress is a tiny bit loose in the top (I always loose weight in my boobs first: grrr). I'm wearing a longline bra under my dress, and you could start to see the very top of the bra when the dress slipped a little.In case the dress is still like this on my wedding day the seamstress is going to install a little hook in the back of my dress that will basically hang on top of the bra, so there's no way the dress can slip down. I'm definitely feeling no concerns about revealing boobies or undergarments now.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • There is always double sided tape, and Booty Glue (knowledge courtesy of Toddlers and Tiaras).
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yes, having dress securely fastened = good
    bio
  • Yeah, the only person that I want seeing my boobies that day are my sisters (Who are getting me into the dress) and FI (who is getting me out of the dress).Everybody else has to pay for a show, lol.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • This is why the strapless wedding gown phenomenon is not the best idea.  As for me, my gown's a halter.  (Kind of.)  It's not going anywhere.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • My BM had some issues w/ her stickies that she was using as a bra, so another BM and I got both an eyeful and a handful before my wedding when we helped her get herself together.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • You know, I spent one entire wedding ceremony watching my friend (the bride) hitching up her strapless gown repeatedly... with the photographer and the videographer there getting every second of it. I swore then that I wouldn't have a strapless wedding dress. Um... well... is it my fault it was a strapless dress that made me cry when I looked in the mirror (PIB)? LOL! And no, it didn't move. It fit right (yay for corset/laced back!).
  • larissa, i'm with you... i was dead set against strapless!damn that Carolina Herrera!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • I think I may be the only person I know who ended up with a wedding dress pretty close to her initial idea.  Pretty much everyone else I talk to ended up buy a completely different dress than they thought they wanted. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I was thinking halter ballgown when I went in. I wanted to look like a big, floofy cake. LOL! But definitely halter. Ended up with a strapless A-line. Then again, I thought I'd have simple wildflowers, ended up not, thought I'd do ivory & blue, ended up in mauves and burgundies, though I'd do pewter BM dresses, ended up in truffle... I just kinda kept rolling with it. But I also wasn't one of the ones who started planning my wedding at age 5. I started on July 27, 2008... I got engaged on July 26, 2008. :D
  • Stage-- I finally looked at your wedding bio. We wore the *exact* same dress. You have excellent taste :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I actually wound up w/something very close to my original vision. I knew I either wanted strapless or spaghetti straps and it had to be a total "princess ballgown". I'm on the small side as far as boobs go, so less "stuff" to get under control to keep the dress up. The only thing that was "drastically" different was I wound up getting a dress with a train ... and decided to not have the train removed in alterations. I orginally just didn't like the idea of me "dragging" the dress around and then dealing with a bustle. But once I started trying on dresses, I just felt way more "bride-y" having a train, so I kept it. Though, for me to do a 180 on my gown, I would have had to have wound up in a mermaid dress. I pretty much went into dress shopping KNOWING that a mermaid gown (On my hips) was a "no way in hell", lol.

• Larissa, The only thing I had in mind pre-engagement was dress style. I had a couple of ideas when I first got engaged (March 2008), but I didn't start "planning" until we booked a venue (Which was July 2009). I basically refused to plan until we had a "irrevocable" date. We'd had a few setbacks w/money early on, so every time we THOUGHT we had a date, I'd get all excited, start gettings ideas ... and then when we had to put it off again, I'd get all dissapointed. After a few tries, I finally just said "F*ck it, I'm not doing a THING until we put down a deposit", lol. A lot of my ideas changed from the begining until now. My colors got changed, my flowers got changed, if I'd gone with everything I'd wanted back in the begining, I probably wouldn't be as happy with my choices now. ... the one big advantage to throwing it together in less than 1/2 a year is now I can't in a year say "Oh, I like THIS better".

• If my FB is at all representative, the look we both had (strapless, dropped waist, little bit of train) was VERY popular this summer. I've seen at least 8 brides wear some version of it. And you know what? It's totally fine. I love how I looked in it, and that's all that mattered to me. And it's no surprise that so many people had it--it's a very flattering style no matter what your body type is.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• To all the ladies that b*tch about women wearing the same dress, meet Bridezilla Adrienne (Actual person from the show Bridezillas): [img]http://media.wetv.com/photo-galleries/Adrienne-BZ-gallery/AW%20Still2.jpg[/img] Not only is she wearing MY dress, but her BMs are wearing my BM dresses (My girls are in lapis instead of the black).

• LOL, Meg, it definitely makes things easier that way! I did 8 months, but it was similar. The first thing I did was my dress, though - 4 days after we got engaged, I picked out my wedding gown in 2 hours. I'm pretty decisive. Then BM dresses, that was easy. Then came the venue, then everything else.
  • well, i'm definitely one of those girls that's been planning my wedding since i was 5, but thank god i have since changed the details otherwise i would be wearing the dress from Guns N Roses "November Rain" video...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Meg, this is my first post on here but we have the same dress haha ;)
  • Amw, for realz? If so, then might I say, you have awesome taste.

• OMG, I had a formal dress back then that was short in the front & long in the back! I wore it to a school formal... it was also black & white polka dots. I was one hot chick, let me tell you.
  • larissa, i think those are some pictures that need to be shared!!!i cringe when i think of some of the things i work back then...
  • meg--that photo is a good representation of how BMs won't look good if they aren't happy at the time of the wedding, no matter how nice the dress is. The BM on the far left looks PISSED.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• Hahaha, Brooke, if I remember the eps correctly, I believe the pissy looking BM is the bride's sister. Which, if I was this girl's sister, I'd be looking like "God, I hate this" in the pics, too. We should start using this pic as a PSA to all the brides thinking the WP owes them something: "See BM on the left? That's what they're ALL gonna look like if you don't pull that "tradition" stick outta your @$$"

• did you see zilla's last weekend and the weekend before?  that bride Karen, her girls are going to look way more pissed than that chick... if they even show up!
  • Liz, oh holy crap, I was just talking to my mom about Karen yesterday. Our new "favorite thing ever" is to just randomly start sentences with "Listen to me, you Noin-Dohllaz-En-Owa Huehmen Being ...", lol.

• Liz, I'll see if I can find a photo - I think I had one tucked into a yearbook. It's print film, so I'll have to scan it. I'll try to find it post-Halloween when things aren't so crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards