Nebraska-Omaha

Brandeis Catering

Brandeis will be catering my reception. We have yet to finalize a menu. We are doing a buffet. I have heard mostly good things but have been told to stay away from certain menu choices. Does anyone have any suggestions or warnings?

Re: Brandeis Catering

• ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the beef with bordelaise sauce (or something like that...) the chicken caccitore.  Both were really good.  We also had the orzo (it was so-so), sonoma vegetables (good), fresh fruit, and salad.We did a tasting before finalizing the menu and I'm glad we did.  Definitely ask to schedule one if you have time.
  • edited December 2011
    We also went with Brandeis and our food was great. They actually let us pick two salads and two starches instead of 3 and 1. For meat: sirloin and bone-in herb chicken. I was a little leery about bone-in chicken, but it was soooo   moist and tasted great. For Starch:  Garlic mashed potatoes and the rice pilaf. For salad: broccoli salad and regular lettuce saladI think my favorite thing was the broccoli salad. It was awesome; I would highly recommend it.The only negative I have heard was the chicken cordon bleu is not homemade; I think it is similar to the packaged stuff you can buy at the store.Hope this helps. Again, we loved our food and like Anna said setting up a tasting will be very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards