California-San Diego
Options

Wedding Vendors

COORDINATOR: Absolutely Events, Angie Metts ..... A+Angie is perfect!  She is so calm and in control, very professional and a hard worker.  She was willing to help with everything from contacting vendors to making table numbers and place cards.  She was always available and worked very well with all our vendors.  She and her team did a fantastic job running the whole wedding event!  Not only was she great at planing, but when game day came, she excelled.  I felt so comfortable knowing she was in control that I didnt worry about hardly anything (and you know how brides can be).  I highly recommend her and her staff.  She is awesome!CATERING (FOOD AND CAKE): The French Gourmet ....  ARenee was our manager and between her and her staff, we had a fabulous dinner.  Everyone RAVED about the cocktail hour food and my mom even asked for some recipes!  The dinner was delicious and the cake was amazing.  Their price was average, but they included the cake so that won us over.  We were able to meet with them multiple times to taste food, cake, and wine.  All in all, a fantastic experience.  They were great to work with and willing to help in anyway possible.  Got along really well with my other vendors and my coordinator.FLOWERS: Posies .... A+Leigh and her team are amazing.  Their flowers are perfect.  Their final product completely portrayed my visions, and every detail was extravagant.  They were so easy to work with and used all of my thoughts and ideas into something extra special.  Best florist I have ever used for anything!  RENTALS: Raphaels .... AWe worked with Julie and she was excellent.  She was so patient with us as we finalized our orders with other vendors and was willing to wait until the last minute to make any changes we needed.  The set up and tear down were very professionally done, the location was neat and clean and everything worked great.  They set up a stage for our band and did a great job with that.  We had a lot of area to cover and they did a very nice job making everything spread out perfectly.  All in all, we are very pleased with Raphaels and Julie!PHOTOGRAPHY: Journey of the Lens ..... AAlthough we have yet to receive our photos, we were very pleased with the professionalism and insight of Julie and Ryan Dentt.  They both have detailed eyes to make the perfect photo.  They photographed our engagement photos and those turned out amazing.  So we know that Journey of the Lens is all about quality, capturing the personalities of the subjects, and getting the perfect character shot.  We had so much fun with them, it made taking a lot of photos so easy.  They are wonderful so use them!!!!MUSIC: Big Daddy Orchestra ..... B-Big Daddy Orchestra has a wonderful sound.  They do a great job singing and playing a variety of songs.  The reason for the lower score is because management wise, they were less than par.  We hired the band to sing for our reception, and the lead singer and another member to sing/play for our ceremony and cocktail hour.  Only the lead singer showed up for the ceremony/cocktail hour, and he was late setting up so our ceremony started 30 minutes late.  Unacceptable, especially since we were all ready to go!  The female lead singer was late to the reception and she caused some damage to the wedding site, as she was trying to get in.  All in all, their sound is great!  But I do not recommend them because of their management issues.  POOL COVERING: Kleeg Industries .... C+We hired Kleeg after a referall to their company to cover the pool on our wedding site (for our reception).  They seemed great and worked very hard.  However, our contract said to make the cover flush with the pool edge and when they were finished, they told us they couldnt make it flush.  When you hire someone to do something, you expect them to do it right.  They finally did it right, but not without some issues.  We do not recommend them.MAKEUP: Kim Cruz (Bobbi Brown at Neiman Marcus) ... A+Kim is so professional, so fun, and a joy to be around.  She does an excellent job with making you look beautiful but not too done up.  She makes the day go by so fast and is willing to work with girls of all ages and styles.  She really knows her stuff and I HIGHLY recommend her.HAIR: Amy Hansen and Lynzy Gowing .... A+Good friends of mine from San Diego did 14 people's hair.  Very professional, fast, and fun to be around.  And everyone looked beautiful with different hair styles.  They take a tiny idea and turn it into an amazing hair style!  I love them!REHEARSAL DINNER: Urban Bar and Grill .... AOur rehearsal dinner was site fabulous!  We were able to do a tasting and they treated us so well!  We were pampered.  They set up a menu for us with a few options of main courses and even personalized the menu with our monogram and wedding colors.  We had a little confusion with our date, and Urban was not ready for us (thinking our event was the following night).  They pulled it together within 30 minutes and set everything up for us.  They truly did an amazing job with the food, the wine, the service, and the atmosphere.  We were so pleased with them! 

Re: Wedding Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops!  I forgot to include my papery vendor.... PAPER/INVITATIONS: Posh Paperie..... A Elizabeth and Karrie were a pleasure to work with.  They took my small, vague ideas, and helped me come up with something that fit us perfectly!  We were so happy with the way our invitations came out that we asked them to create our thank you cards.  We love Posh Paperie and are so grateful to have found them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards