Oregon

Wedding cake pictures

So now that I am in the process of looking for a wedding cake vendor I reread the post below about cakes and see that Lamb's Thriftway might just be the way to go (I have also gotten this recommendation from friends too) BUT I am having a hard time convincing my mom that a "grocery store" cake is going to cut it. I want to take her out there for a tasting eventually but one of her big concerns is that it looks like they only use buttercream frosting and she doesn't think it looks "smooth". I can't find any really good pictures of cakes from there that can show her they will do a really good job of making it look as nice as fondant. So I am wondering if anyone has pictures of any cake from there that I can show her or if they have a look book we can check out. As always thanks for the help ladies!

Re: Wedding cake pictures

• anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married on 09/04 - I got my cake from Lamb's in Garden Home and it was exactly what I wanted - very smooth with just a ribbon wrapped around each layer. I would be happy to send you some pics: email me - avelazquez @ harrislawsite .com
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree Calio, I want my cake to look pretty but more importantly I want it to taste amazing. I have a huge sweet tooth so the cake is one of the most important parts for me. Just based on what Lamb's has on their website it looks like they can get the buttercream really smooth. I have never had fondant either but I have seen it used on all the cake shows and it just looks like playdough and I don't want to eat playdough on wedding day as enjoyable as that sounds. Thanks for the tip on the decorator at Lamb's I will spread that news onto my mom.
  • Michle315Michle315 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say that I got my 4 tier wedding cake from Bales Thirftway (Perfection Bakery) in Hillsboro. OMG it was so good much better then I thought. The frosting was amazing and the work she did was amazing. I usually dont like the bitter taste I get from store bought cakes. We paid 375$ for our cake and she let us try 4 different cakes, 4 different fillings and frostings. Here is the links to pictures of my cake, we told her what we wanted and the colors and she did her magic!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Mommy2Girls03/11234_1219914468312_1542423693_6044.jpgShe even wrote our names on the top ribbon! Plus if you drop off a 8x10 of you and the cake they give you a free anniversery cake!
  • edited December 2011
    Lambs always "takes the cake" (har, har) when it comes to reviews around here. I think you would be very happy with your cake. All of them that I have seen have been super delicious and beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards