Louisiana-New Orleans

Addressing Save the Dates

When I address the Save the Date to my single friends (they are all able to bring a date), do I simply put their name on the STD and then, later, when I send the invites add 'and Guest'?  Or do I write 'and Guest' now on the STD?  Thanks!

Re: Addressing Save the Dates

• tmwhitleytmwhitley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went ahead and wrote & guest since NO is a destination wedding for most my guests and I wanted them to know ahead of time they can bring a date.
  • edited December 2011
    If by single you mean no relationship at all then 'and guest' is great. If someone has been dating someone that you know about, I would probably add that person's name just to recognize them.
  • edited December 2011
    I just send out my save the dates and I didn't put "and guest" on the ones for the single people. We are planning on inviting everyone with a guest, but I thought I just waited until the invitation to include it. I wish I had put "and guest" to let people know they are invited with a guest. We are getting alot of questions regarding if guests are invited. In hindsight I would have put an "and guest"
  • edited December 2011
    I just sent out my save the dates as well and left off "and guest". I will include it on the formal invitation though.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't put "and guest" on my Save the Dates, but we are having a really small wedding and everyone pretty much already knows they can bring someone. I will include "and guest" on the formal invites....
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• efelte1efelte1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didnt put "and guest" on my save the dates. Just waited and put it on the invitation. However, if there were dating someone and I knew that person I put their name on the save the date
  • themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put "and guest," b/c most people are traveling to N.O and I wanted them to know that they were able to bring a guest to help them make their travel plans.  If they had been dating someone awhile I put that person's name.   
  • jamielisacjamielisac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put and guest on there too.  Just so out of towners would know they could bring someone.  Sometimes that is a factor that guests use to decide whether or not they are coming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards