Washington-Seattle
Options

Wow...

So, about several months ago I heard of the Pocono Mts in PA for the first time ever and did a little poking and found out it apparently was THE HM destination back in the day. Apparently the region still caters to that. FI and I are talking possibly a mini-moon after the wedding then a full on HM the following spring in the Carribbean since my work may be changing and I likely won't have much vacation time, costs, etc. So, doing a bit more poking for curiosity's sake, came across this: http://tinyurl.com/3j53t5 Ummmm......really?
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: Wow...

• Options
    MiniStephMiniSteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I've heard of this place before. It looks...interesting? Really, a 7 foot champagne glass whirlpool tub? Who came up with that idea? You need to go and then come back and report how it was! : )
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's the same area that Dirty Dancing was set in.  And if it is, then that's reason enough to go!
  • Options
    seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, that's where Dirty Dancing was set! ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahahaha! That's awesome! Could it be any cheesier? =D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BAH hahaha! that tub is rediculous! BUT i agree with pp on the fact that of DD was filmed there i would HAVE to go :) Sounds fun to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats so funny. I was watching the show Ruby and they went there for fat camp. It was so funny because I was like, no way are they talking about those poconos... Apparently I was wrong.Tygirl- I am in the same position. I think our honeymoon will be put on hold too. We had a meeting at our work on Monday and they said that if we lose X amount of money in January then we will be out of business. I don't think we will be going anywhere. We are going to look into it more after the new year but I'm a little scared. And mad, I wanted to go on a honeymoon. Glad I'm not the only one in the situation but it sucks for both of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jesgregjesgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use to live 15 minutes from this resort.  That's right, I grew up in the Poconos.  And yes, it probably is that cheesy.  They have all the themed suites.  I remember I had to pick up my friend from there once because she worked at the resort when I was in HS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's okay, Sara, you can complain to me about that all you want.  I'm right there with you!  Yeah, I'm upset about the possibility of putting it on hold too.  FI and I have NEVER taken an actual vacation before and I was looking forward to the HM. :(  Now it might need to wait some more.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I wonder how much the room is? Not really our thing, but still hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is *hysterical*.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, you didn't know this?!!?!? It's the biggest joke ever!jesgreg, do you remember the old commercials? The jingle was like "All you have to bring ... is your love of everythinggggggggg" LOL!
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just remembered we went to the Poconos for our 8th grade class trip! LOL. There's like outdoorsy stuff you can do during the day and then we had a big dinner and then dance party at night. So funny.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well....the Champagne Tower room normally runs a hair over $500 per night but in the fall, it drops to the upper $400s.  Or, if that's not your thing, they have rooms with heart shaped tubs with mirrors right next to it.... Bow chicka bow wow...
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa - nope, never heard of them before.  Maybe it's a coastal thing?  Kind of like how on the East Coast a Carribbean HM is more common whereas on the West Coast Hawaii is?
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jesgregjesgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, I don't remember the commercials.  I just remember the ads all the time and how whenever I talked to someone about the Poconos (say, someone who lived in Jersey), they'd be like- oh yeah, the champagne glass right.  Haha.  I need to  youtube the video.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kind of like how on the East Coast a Carribbean HM is more common whereas on the West Coast Hawaii is?EVERYone in freaking NJ goes to Hawaii for their HM. It's really flipping annoying, actually. lol. I don't know why but it annoys me. When FI and I went to Hawaii for vacation people literally said, "NOW where are you going to go for your HM????" as if it were the only choice available. I digress.[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXk2GIIxeAA&feature=related[/url]Jingle is near the end. These used to be on ALL the time when I was a kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards