New Jersey

My Dad is killing me...Vent

So my Dad lives in Oregon and he made arrangements to come this monday for my wedding with his girlfriend (okay great, sounds good). So a few days ago I get a FB message from the girlfriend that she's sorry and can't make it to the wedding, no reason why. Don't hear anything from my father and tonight when I talk to him, he keeps saying WE can't wait to come out there, I had to stop him and ask if she is or isn't coming. He say's I hope so, she's thinking about it. Hello, it's freaking killing me, they have no concept of time, or the fact that I have to give a head count and table seating and info to the dj and everyone else, grrr, they are killing me. Not what I need right now.
BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My Dad is killing me...Vent

• edited December 2011
    This might be a stupid response, but can't you just say "hey I need to know for headcount?" I mean, until I started planning my own wedding I didn't really realize how important it was to RSVP on time. And I think parents can be out of touch as well. Did you try and approach it like that? or is that impolite?
  • edited December 2011
    Its odd that she said she wasn't coming and now he's saying maybe.  I would do what jaime said and just say it, nicely, but 6 days out you are totally allowed to say "I really need to get my head count in, I hate to be a pest but I want to make sure everything is set and ready"
  • edited December 2011
    Tonight when I was talking with him, he was like she should know by tomorrow. The thing that is throwing me off is they've been planning for months to come and they alread had their plane tickets. Her son lives in NY and they were planning to spend time with him after the wedding. I've tried approaching him this way, I think they are just so layed back, that they figure 5-6 days is plenty of time. I know it's only one person, but got so much else on my plate, that it's overwhelming me-lol
  • edited December 2011
    I dont blame you for being overwhelmed, youre fricken six days out (holy crap! remember when we were part of RSA lol)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I agree with you Seabass, I already told the reception hall today to not include her (this was before I talked w/my Dad). We met with them already because we have a wake and funeral monday and tuesday.
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, Cheryl. I remember, I can't believe how quick it's going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards