South Carolina

Pretty Place Wedding, OUT OF TOWNER

I am getting married at Pretty Place on Cedar Mountain, September 2010. I am looking for a place to have a reception in the surrounding area. Greenville, SC has been highly recommended. Please send suggestions and ideas, being from out of town really makes this difficult.

Re: Pretty Place Wedding, OUT OF TOWNER

• owingseowingse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My family has a house right down hte str from P.P but we live in gville. How many are you planning on having and what time of day. Pretty Place is beautiful, but theres not really anywhere up there to have a reception, gville is about 1 hour and brevard is about 45 min. The only place up there is at the camp and you cant have any alchohal AT ALL and there are crazy time restraints for pretty place...they have wedding like every two hours. So how big is your wedding, how far are you will to travel and what type of location are you looking for?
  • EpietruEpietru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the most I am planning to have 250 guests and I am willing to travel to and from Greenville. As for the guests, well I hope that's their choice too. I have been to Brevard to go hiking and camping and don't remember it being a very big town with lots of amenities. I guess I need places for receptions in Greenville, SC... any ideas?
  • owingseowingse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Larkins on the river is really nice, or table rock state park(its prob closest to PP) or theres the cliffs or kilgore lewis house...all these places are beautiful and popular
  • edited December 2011
    Larkin's on the River, The Westin Poinsett, Kilgore Lewis House, Furman University.
  • edited December 2011
    Pretty Place is about 30-40 minutes from Greenville, BTW.  You need the advice of a wedding planner.  Google Willrich Wedding Planner, a reliable one in Greenville.  You really do have a difficul task.  You will probably save enough money with good advice to pay for her services.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards