New Jersey

Tanks for bridesmaids, WDYT?

Do them or don't?  As a bridesmaid, did you like having one or do you prefer to just wear your own non-matching tanks?
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tanks for bridesmaids, WDYT?

• kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.. they are cute, but if given the chance, I'd rather wear my own. Plus, I would never wear it again. But, it does make for adorable photos, so I'm kinda 50/50 on this. Clearly, I am no help! :)
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Kathy on that one! If you have time go for it, but don't stress yourself out with omg I have to get these done now too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    well I have to go get a tank for myself...so it won't be a pain to get 4 for my girls...and I have to go to AC Moore so I can get the iron ons there....hmmm...to do or not to do.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Kathy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would wear one if given to me. However I don't think the girls in my bridal party would like them, maybe only 2 of the 4 would.
  • kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    however, if a bride gave me one as a bridesmaid, I would wear it with a smile on my face.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    you girls are not helping! hahaI think they look cute in pics too and I liked wearing it when I was a bm, but I know not all girls feel the same way.  I don't want them to have to wear it and just put a smile on for me.  Maybe I won't do it...hm
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kathy8684Kathy8684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about just buying matching sweatsuits in dark purple for my girls, and white for me.  It will still look cute in pics, but they aren't stuck with something that says "bridesmaid" on it.... and everyone could use a comfy sweatsuit to lounge in!
  • edited December 2011
    that's a really cute idea!!! where are you planning on getting the sweatsuits?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kathy8684Kathy8684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At Victoria's Secret they are 2/$60, but I may just go with the ones I saw at Target $20 for the top/$15 for the bottom, since I already bought them part of their gift  :)
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would not like one as a BM. I don't like to wear tank tops in general, plus I feel that they're a waste of money because you only get to wear them once without looking like a weirdo.
  • edited December 2011
    I nixed this idea because of what MBC said, plus I dont even know if most of my girls will be at the hotel lol.  So there goes the pic idea for me.
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    Let me add, ditto Kathy on the comment that I would wear one without complaint if the bride asked me to.
  • edited December 2011
    I have 3 from previous weddings and I wear them to the gym now. I would LOVE one! :)
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not my style at all.
  • edited December 2011
    ok, i think i've scrapped the idea ladies...thanks for your opinions and honesty. Do you dislike anything that is matchy matchy? Like matching velour jumpsuits or anything?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't get the tanks bc if they are getting their hair done, the should be in button down's anyways.  A week before the wedding, don't waste your time or $$.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought the iron-on's from michaels, but I'm running out of time, so I'm prob gonna nix the idea. Got too many other thing to do. I do like the idea of the sweat suits.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    agree w/ 30may - you dont want a tank if ur getting ur hair done - need button downs anyways - i had the tanks made up for the bach party so some wore them and some didnt...by the time we were all getting our hair done and dressed-there were alot of "omg dont take my pic im in my bra" pics LOLyou'll have plenty of pics w/ the girls in their dresses helping you get dressed...dont worry about it...just do your own outfit :)
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that matching sweatsuits are a horrible idea, if they're in colors and styles your BMs would wear later on. I'm thinking of getting my BMs zip-up hoodies, but in brands that they like anyway. I saw some cute Roxy hoodies in Marshall's recently that my sister would probably like.Can you tell from my comments in all the BM Gift posts that I love Marshall's? :P
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they are a bit too much for me.
  • kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like it! I'm a cheeseball though and I'm also about anything that makes me not have to think about what I'm going to wear.  For my brothers wedding I wore my bachelorette party t-shirt (figured I'd give it another use!) and I even made my sister wear an extra one I had too (she's much too young to attend a bachelorette party).  I managed to pull the shirt up over my hair just fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would never wear a tank that said Bridesmaid on it.  I also would never wear a Bride tank.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I made sweatshirts for my bridesmaids.  They say brides entourage on them.  They are cheesy but I think its cute.  I was looking at my MOHs wedding pics and the one thing we were disappointed in was the atrocious outfits we were wearing when the photog first saw us.  So I think this will be a cute alternative.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i think they're cute; and I definitely think it depends on your girls, whom YOU know best. My girls absolutely LOVED them and I've seen one bm and the moh wear it again, I mean not out-out obviously but like jaimelody said, to the gym or w/e if you don't feel like doing and are torn bc of that, then no -but if you don't mind doing it, then yes - they're so inexpensive to do and I agree they make for very cute pics the sweatsuits/sweatshirts are a really good idea too, but are obviously going to be much more pricey than a beater/tank
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards