Iowa-Des Moines

Cost of Wedding Hair

I have been quoted a price of $60/person for hair on the day of the wedding.  This will come to a total of $360 for 5 BM and me.  I found that price to be high.  In addition, 3 of the 6 of us are 3+ year customers of the salon I am working with, 1 girl has really short hair and will just need a simple style and the rest of us will have really simple hair (not a lot of pins and curls).  Do you think if I explain these details to the gal she will come down in price?  Or am I getting a good price already and I should be happy?  I just don't know and would love any advise/direction. Thanks!

Re: Cost of Wedding Hair

• edited December 2011
    Ours were something like $50-60 per person, but we had pretty complicated (and awesome) 'dos.  You could always ask whether the price is negotiable; the worst they'll say is no. At Salon W, though, if you have at least 4 bridesmaids then the bride's hair is free.  So if you're thinking of going to another place, that could save you some money.  Good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    Thats about average, I checked places in Ames and they were all between $50-$65 per person.
  • edited December 2011
    That seems high to me. I am paying $42 for mine and that is with her putting in an extension piece for some extra volume. For my short haired Mom and Sister theirs will be around $25. I was in a wedding in KC this past weekend and paid $25 for an updo. If your stylist is not aware of some of the details you note above, especially the short hair person, I would at least mention them. You never know. If you have been going there for 3+ years, I would want to go there for my wedding day, but that is all up to you.
  • edited December 2011
    What kelli says about short hair is true now that I think about it, one of my bridesmaid had short hair and hers was only $25.00.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours were like $40 a piece but the girls had long hair and lots of curls......good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I paid $40 for all of my up do's and had the girl come to my house to do them.  Everyone loved their hair and it was more relaxing to sit in our own home to have them done.  We had some beverages, ate breakfast, and got all of our make up done from the comfort of my house.  Hope that helps...
    Married 08.22.09 Ryan 01.07.2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards