Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding Dress Shopping in Atlanta

Hi Ladies, As you can see from my ticker, we are getting very close to the one year mark, and I'm getting very excited about going dress shopping. I was wondering if you ladies could tell me about your experiences, what shops are the best, and which ones I should stay away from. I live in the Alpharetta area, but if you highly recommend a shop farther away I would be willing to try it out. Let me know your experiences. I have already gone to David's Bridal but want to try different options. Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping in Atlanta

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After visiting several boutique type shops (Kelly's Closet is fantastic, and the assistance I recieved was superb!) I ended up buy a special occasion dress at David's Bridal.  It really was a place I thought I'd avoid, but it was coming down to the wire, I hadn't found a dress.  I also had tried consignment stores (I was looking for a vintage-type dress) and Bride Beautiful.  My experience at Bride Beautiful was horrific.  They wouldn't listen to what I wanted, and continued to bring me dresses that I clearly disliked.  I ended up leaving in tears.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I replied to your post on the Dress board, but in case you didn't see it - Wedding Angels in Roswell is awesome! It's on the square - not far from you at all since you're in Alpharetta - and everyone there is so nice and helpful! Good Luck!
  • flagmedownflagmedown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEWARE of New Natalie's! I also had a bad experience with Bride Beautiful. Kelly's Closet was awesome - a little pricey, but great selection and fantastic customer service.
  • edited December 2011
    I had an amazing experience at Bride Beautiful! Thats where I found my dress in August. My consultant Krystal was sooo sweet and she really made my experience there awesome. I'm not sure why the other girls had horrible experiences there but, when I got there they told me too look around and put clips on the ones I wanted to try on so, I was never brought anything or left it up to the consultant to find me one she thought I would like. Everything is on a mannequin (except in the sale room) which is nice cuz you can see what it really looks like. The day I went they were having $100 off every dress and it happened to be the tax free weekend so I save about $155 on my Maggie :) They are small, but it seemed like they had a good selection. I HIGHLY recommend them! I also went to Brides by Demetrios in Buckhead but was not impressed. My consultant actually told me i should come back for their trunk show the next weekend. She kinda lacked personality and didn't seem to share in my excitement. She also hovered over my sister and I when I was picking out dresses. They definitely didn't have the style I was looking for, Good Luck and Have fun!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I guess it just depends on the consultant you get. I went to Brides by Demetrious and loved it. I ended up getting my dress there and havent had any problems. When we went back to look for bridesmaid dresses they were still very helpful and had everything we were looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Wedding Angels in Roswell!!!! Reasonably priced and the staff is so helpful :)
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Sweet Elegance Bridal in Decatur.  I love it there! It's ran by a mother/daughter team.  It's a nice boutique experience but they still have good prices.  Great customer service experience and they helped me find the perfect dress for me!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a third vote for Brides by Demetrios! A few of the ladies can lack a personality, but the dresses are high quality and moderately priced. Give it a try!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Bride Beautiful with a friend when she was looking for wedding dresses and it was horrible! They don't take appointments and then they only let her try on 3 or 4 dresses and told her if she wanted to try on more she would have to come back some other time! I have heard good things about La Raine's (sp?) in Virginia Highlands.
  • edited December 2011
    September 2010, you must have gone to the semi-annual dress sale at Bride Beautiful. They don't take appointments those days and limit the number of dresses you can try on. Dresses are $100 to $300 and the wait can be quite long, but it was worth it. Of course, I love a bargain. I agree, a good consultant makes all the difference.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought from David's Bridal and loved the experience.  My salesperson was so knowledgeable and she pulled THE dress first thing! I tried on 3 or 4 total.You'll need to buy a dress (if it will require being ordered) about 7-8 months before the wedding so you're not in too much of a time crunch yet. You won't need alterations until 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  Shop around, see what you like. Just don't hesitate too much when you find THE dress.  Going to other shops and seeing other dresses may make you second guess yourself.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great time at formally yours in Lilburn but would highly suggest skipping LaRaine's in the highlands email me if you want the details but it was bad to say the least.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • UAallison83UAallison83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SOO much ladies! This really helped. I went to Wedding Angels today and had Karin as my consultant and had an AMAZING time! I think I might have found "the one" and I'm so excited to bring my mom and MOH there for the final decisions. I appreciate ALL your feedback!
  • EarthAngel222EarthAngel222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if your mom cries, indeed you found the one. If not, I have a few more suggestions. I got my own dress in L.A. but I got my rehearsal dinner dress at Priscilla of Boston in Buckhead! Awesome boutique and service. Great experience at Bel Fiore too for my bridesmaids, good bridal gown choices and service too, plus more reasonably priced. Stay away from mean people at BRITTANY LEIGH BRIDAL, Bridals by Lori, and New Natalies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards