Nevada-Las Vegas

POLL: Just for fun:)

Ok...I thought after the pp's about Bridezilla's...What has been your most Bidezillaish moment in Planning/or on your Wedding day? I will start...Going over the plans for the Guest List with my Mom! It took me VERY CLEARLY stating..."We are paying for it, and will only accomidate who WE want to be there!" and form that moment on...nothing else has been said :)
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: POLL: Just for fun:)

• edited December 2011
    We were talking about flowers and I got a bit out of control. I started yelling about how I want no red at or in the wedding. I even went as far as saying I would throw someone out if they wore red. I couldn't beleive the words coming out of my mouth. I have dialed it back quite a bit since then. It was pretty funny looking at the suprised faces of my children and my Bernie.
  • edited December 2011
    The only thing I've been a little out of control on is Jeans.  There will be no jean wearing at my wedding.  Some might think thats a given but the last two weddings I've been two there were many men jean wearers.  NO JEANS!  lol I won't back down.
  • annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ragemi.. what are you doing to ensure that no one wears jeans to your wedding ? I'm hoping people don't show up with jeans to mine.
  • edited December 2011
    I had only been engaged for two weeks and we were looking at resort packages and trying to decide how many people we really wanted at the ceremony/reception and what location/package accomodated our proposed guest list. My sister/MOH had already told TONS of people to come out to Vegas, including cousins I haven't even seen in over 10 years and her own friends. I did the smile and nod thing for her, but as soon as she left I had a screaming fit with my mother about who's wedding this was! Since that day I have decided that it really doesn't matter. I am booking the package that I want and letting that dictate how other things happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    With my FI and FSIL's about FI mother. I cannot stand her and his sister and other two brothers cannot stand her either. FI wants his mom there and he told her that no one wanted her there and she cried but he assured her she is going to be there. Its an on going issue. FSIL's told me that she didnt show up to either of their weddings and to have no fear she wont show to ours... Its still my Bridzilla moment, and I think it will be for our entire wedding. FI teases me though that I am bridezilla about the whole wedding because I told him I wanted to get married in Vegas... I dont believe him... :)
  • edited December 2011
    My moment was simply that I did not want shorts or jeans at my wedding.   No one had to wear a suit- but please not shorts or jeans.  I put it on the website and I basically told everyone over and over again.So, someone shows up at the pre-wedding location and he's wearing jean shorts. His GF looked horrified since they never looked at the website and word of mouth never got to her I suppose.   His GF looks around at everyone else (and how they are all dressed) and asks me if I minded him being in shorts or he could go change since they were only 5 minutes away.  At that point, nothing should have really mattered to me as I was off to take pictures, but I truy took a minute to assess the situation, and I stated that I prefered it if he went and changed.I can't beleive I made this poor guy go back and change.  Oh well.My big bridezilla blowup moment came the next day as I was dealing with the MB manager.  That was a classic made for tv moment!
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think my bridezilla moment happened when FI's cousin tried to invite herself.  I don't even know her name so clearly she and my fiance are not close at all!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the worse was when I helped my family book their flights. They had never flown and no one wanted a window seat. And for whatever reason they absolutely had to have a connecting flight out of Atlanta. So they could have a chance to see a Real Housewife. {insert eye roll here} After three hours I think I said something like "you'll sit where I put you and you'll like it." My sister's were also annoying me. They wouldn't focus and were going off on tangents and asking ridiculous questions just to see my reaction. So I put them in a suite with one bed. A queen bed, but they'd have to share none the less. There's also a sofa bed. but we'll see if they figure that out. {insert evil bridezilla laugh here}Thank god we won't be flying together. 
  • DawnyHDawnyH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can honestly say I never had any bridezilla moments.  My sister who was bridesmaid was more of a bridezilla than me and anyone would have thought it was her wedding by the way she behaves.  She wanted to be the centre of attention on my hen do, had an argument with my Dad at our welcome do in Vegas which split the party up and insisted on seeing the bridesmaids dresses when they arrived at my house even though I was at the another end of the country, I politely told her I was seeing them first and she could wait 2 days!
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I threw my glasses at the bed in the suite and let out a horrendous scream the day before our wedding when my now-husband forgot my facewash and moisturizer at our other hotel room. Monday was an awful day and if it could go wrong it did. Thank goodness my husband was more than patient with me.My little brother and I got in tiff when he told me the wedding wasn't "all about me." That was good, but everyone was with me on that one. lol.I have had a couple other bridezilla moments but usually he was the only witness.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't want to call it Bridezilla's moment as I have no idea if I'm getting married at this point.  My  BF has been asking to get married in Vegas for a few years now...last time he asked I said ok. It's kinda a formality as we have been together for 4 years, own a home ect...I've been married before so it wasn't a big deal. We travel to Vegas for holidays a couple times a year ..LOVE it there.  This time my parents came along for our scouting trip ( 10 days). We had deceided of a 5k budget and if we could make it work we'd go ahead and do it in the summer of this year.  So we went to chapels, cake tasting, checked out so suites, resturants for day before ect. The budget came in at 5500. Not bad I was really happy with the number thinking in would be more. When we were Vegas my Mom my BF alittle crazy ( me too) . My mom talks a ton...about anything, at home I lie alot to get off the phone.  His mother isn't very nice, quite bossy...he doesn't even like telling her we are on holidays because she gets upset about it. So between his mom and mine...he says"' maybe we should go alone". It would be stressful with them. Ok fine.. it's kinda disappointing as I planned on a group for everything not 2 people. So back to the planning board. I change everything ...takes me about a week. I go over the plan see if he likes everything ( he does), he doesn't then asks how much. I tell him 4k ...he said OH that's way to much.  He thinks It should be amost nothing for 2. He doesn't want cake, a nice room, dress clothes...and no pictures. I FLIP OUT...I mean flip! I can't be it...he is the one that wanted this and now he wants a bloody cheap drive thru wedding. I told him what's the point and say forget it. I'm so upset..I can sleep. Our relationship is strained big time...and I'm questioning even if I want to be with someone so STUPID.My mom told me I'm crazy as I didn't even want to get married. Which is true...but you don't give a kid candy..then rip it out of their hand!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I have had anything yet... possibly just about wanting things a certain way however I still have a little less than five months and I feel one brewing up lmao!
  • edited December 2011
    ineedaspiderkiller - I don't think your being crazy. You got your head and heart set on a certain kind of wedding. I'd be upset to if my FI came to me and asked me to basically downgrade everything I worked hard to prepare. Maybe it's a money issue. Hope you guys can work it out.
  • edited December 2011
    Tipsynikki- It's alittle of a money issue...I was off alot in the last year do to knee surgery (from golfinf). I tore  my MCL, ACL and LCL and menicus. Had surgery in March Acl and Menicus repair.... 5 months on crutches is brutal. Our lines of credit áren't great...we make emough to pay all the bills , mortgage ect...  We could do it with a little planning. It's important to me now, by not getting married is like moving backwards in our relationship. At the same time I just don't want to wing it either. We will see I guess..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards