New Jersey - South

*reception.planning.venting*

so in the last month i have had ALOT going on (outside the wedding), over the weekend i began to stress so much about how FAR behind i feel in the wedding planning process. so much so that my MOH who is my cousin came over for a 'bootcamp wedding planning session..' today we found 8 reception venues, all of which i called, 3 are already booked for my date, 4 didnt answer so i left messages, and 1 place we booked for a tasting. ugh! hoping for the other 4 places to have my date available which is next fall :)

Re: *reception.planning.venting*

• edited December 2011
    Good luck with the hunt! Where have you been looking at for your reception?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try and not stress I know things can creep up and before you know it your date is here. Where are you located, what type of reception site are you looking for? Maybe we can help with recommendations if you are having trouble contacting the ones you found....
  • edited December 2011
    If you have about a year to plan you are in good shape so try to not stress too much.  I started seriously planning about 1yr out.  First book you big vendors, then you'll have little things to keep you busy.If it makes you feel any better I'm geting married in August and only have my ceremony/reception venue booked and my dress picked.  Still deciding on photog and DJ.Just remember, all that matters is that you, FI and the officiant show up to be married.  All the rest is extra and will fall into place.
  • awatson9awatson9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey ladies.im looking in south jersey -- my FI is from ridley park and im from stratford, nj. so im trying to find something in the middle. we have appts at cater 2 u and savoys on tuesday. im open to country clubs or ballrooms. trying to stay around 75-85 per person bc of our guest list! thanks girls!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know which other places that you have tried, but some in the are The Castle in Delran, The Merion in Cinnaminson, Sensational Host in Maple Shade, Bradford Estate in Hainesport, and Riverton Country Club. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You could take a look at Laurel Creek Country Club, Ramblewood Country Club and Summit Catering. I only know the prices they quoted us from 08 so not sure if they have gone up but all were in your price range.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Brigakia's in Winslow Twp. It is beautiful and they are so accomodating! I highly reccomend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards