Chit Chat

Addressing The Invites

Hi Ladies,Have two questions. I send out my save the date magnets(which are awesome) in one week. I think it would be tacky to just stick them in a blank envelope. Should i buy little cards that match my tropical theme, and say look forward to you sharing our special day? Then when i send the main invites, i do not have pretty handwriting. Would it be okay to print some nice mailing labels in a nice font to address them? Or should i ask one of my friends to help address them? Thanks for the help!

Re: Addressing The Invites

• You can get coordinating envelopes if you wish.  Just make sure that the Post Office will not require extra postage.As for the main invitations, using labels is a no-no.  You can ask for help from a friend if s/he's inclined to assist or you can hire a calligrapher. 
  • Instead of coordinating envelopes try getting a tropical stamp and ink that works with your STDs especially if you already have the white ones.As for the mailing labels, I've seen this done but for the life of me I can't find the knoties that have done this and I thought the printed mailing labels didn't look half bad. You could also consider printing the addresses on the envelopes, but make sure to get extras because your printer might eat a few. HTH

We got married! Now if we could just remember what happened... Visit The Knot!
    Bio
    Blog & DIY
  • I had the same problem you have when it came to the magnets. I didn't want to just put them in an envelope. My BM and I made our own magnet holders. We went to a craft store and bought some stock paper (like .50 per piece) and we cut out squares and then measured the magnet and use a razor to cut slits. I bought some stamps and decorated it with a border and a cute marriage quote. They turned out cute and you can pick your stamp color and paper color to match your wedding colors!
  • Thanks ladies for the ideas! So excited to finally be sending them out. Best to you all!
  • I don't have any advice on the save-the-dates because I planned my wedding in such a short time, but I think printing nice labels if you don't have neat writing is perfectly fine. And take this from my experience- I had a friend help, and she made her "8" wierd, so I got three invites returned to me because the post office basically couldn't read the number in the address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards