Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

The Mill in Spring Lake NJ--bad business practice and rude staff!

I was a very disappointed bride overall.  The vendors that The Mill recommends were for the most part great, but they themselves are seriously lacking in business ethics and best practice.  The following details why: 1) we booked the venue and paid additional money for reserving both the downstairs and upstairs, and thereby having the venue to ourselves completely from 6pm onwards.  when we booked this in, the mill was not doing a la carte dining, and when they did bring it back, we received no notice of this and were still made to pay the full add'l charge (even though we didn't have the place to ourselves anymore!)! 2) our wedding 'coordinator' and her boss took about 2 weeks to return emails or calls, if they ever bothered doing so at all. 3) they don't insist their recommended officiants attend rehearsals before the ceremony; ours didn't and he botched the whole thing...quite embarassing. 4) our hor deourves and salad selections were wrong the day before the wedding. 5) pre-ordered veggie/gluten free appetizers/dinners were not served properly. 6) a seat was missing from a table, leaving the mother of one of my bridesmaids embarrassed. 7) our sand ceremony portion of our ceremony was not set up properly, so that family members were supposed to bring up like communion so that they could be a part of the ceremony; this was discussed and agreed in advance. 8) servers were VERY rude to our guests; when they did not provide the correct veggie/gluten free meals, when my aunt asked for her piece of cake (because she passed the one on originally given to her, but the server yelled at her saying she already got one!), and finally when one server yelled at my great aunt to move her walker out of the way as it was a fire hazzard, yet she put a tray of dirty dishes there instead! 9) POTATO CHIPS were served as an hor deourves when the 'coordinator' and i had agreed to pomme frites (french fries!) originally!!! 10) the raw bar which charges at $12pp additionally only had about 2 dozen shrimp, oysters and crab legs on it and guests were made to wait in line for someone to ration their servings! I had emailed the head maitre d and owner before writing these reviews, at least expecting to receive an apology, but no such luck.  I would never recommend this place to anyone for their wedding.

Re: The Mill in Spring Lake NJ--bad business practice and rude staff!

• maybe post this on the nj board.  wow, i'd be pissed too.
  • Jennifer, Sorry to hear about your experiennce, had my wedding at The Mill on October 10th.  The day could not have been better.  Entire bridal party loved the place my two friends are planning their weddings and are strongly considering The Mill for 2010 and 2011.  Guests are still raving about food, service and decor. (especially swans on the lake)Wish you peace and happiness in your new life together.Donna      
  • djrncrI wonder how you managed to have your wedding there on Oct 10th when your bio states it is in Sept 2010, Vendors are not allowed on these boards, especially not to defend their shoddy services when they wouldn't even offer the bride an apology.I smell a rat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards