Georgia-Atlanta
Options

XP: Help a former Atlanta Nestie: Event Venues

Hi Ladies -  My DH's parents are celebrating their 30th anniversary this winter and DH and I thought it would be nice to throw a party for them.  My initial instinct was Maggianos, but there is no way we can make that work with our budget.Our location preference is Marietta/Roswell. I'm not that familiar with that area, I grew up on the East side of town.  If necessary we could go to downtown Atlanta/midtown/highlands.I imagine either a venue or private room in a restaurant with passed hors d'oeuvres or a light meal and a dessert... kind of like the setup of a fancyish shower. I am open to any time of day - brunch/lunch/dinnerBudget would be max 800 bucks for around 30-40 people - so approx 20 per person.Any ideas of places to check out? 
image image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: XP: Help a former Atlanta Nestie: Event Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you can find a venue, the catere from my wedding is pretty cheap. we had buffet, 2 entrees and 3 sides. it was $10.25 per person. i emailed the restaraunt owner and talked to him while i planned everything, he was very willing to work with me and was super nice.
    they're based in woodstock, which is a little further north than marietta, but they're willing to travel a bit.

clicky
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, Maggianos has a menu section called "Classic Pastas" which offers an entree selection from about 8-10 pasta dishes for $12.95. They also have an option for two, which includes 2 classic pasta entrees, 1 appetizer and 1 dessert for $40. I bet if you contact them, they might be willing to serve you. If not, I would try a family-owned restaurant as they may be more willing to negotiate to get your business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards