Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

No longer getting married in Vegas...

Everything was planned, we were going to bring our mothers and my son to Vegas and get married on December 28. Well, my mom is not going to be able to travel so plans needed to change. We are getting married in FI's mother's condo on December 26th with a very small group of friends and family. I am not even going to wear my gown. We will then go on our honeymoon in Vegas, leaving that night. We already have everything booked, so we are hoping that the Wynn will let us change our "Just the Basics" package to a "Vow Renewal" one. We would then still have pictures with Todd and a strip tour. We also have a private room booked at Maggiano's. I have to check on the cancellation policy - it was $250 to reserve it. We might just go there and have a private dinner. Todd will still be with us, so I guess we can do photos - but my goodness, how many pics do we need of the just the two of us? It is very disappointing, but I can't imagine not having my mother at my wedding. Do you ladies mind if I keep posting here? We are having a ceremony in Vegas, it just wont be the legal one.

Re: No longer getting married in Vegas...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that you had to change your plans but it sounds like it was for the right reasons. Keep on posting!I think you should follow through with you "other" plans. There is no reason not to. Call the Wynn and Maggianos and see what they can do for you. Keep Todd. Go on a wonderful strip tour. Who cares how many pics of you he takes. We only had him do family pics for about 45 minutes. The rest are of us. And I am sure your mom would love to see them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course you should keep posting here! :-) I'm sorry to hear about the change of plans but really, it sounds like you've come up with a great compromise. You should definitely enjoy and get some great photos in Vegas. My photos are one of my fave things about my wedding. The only other thought I had is why not wear your gown for your local ceremony. Most brides only get to wear their dress once why not rock the chance to wear it twice. (even if it's a casual event you're the bride and you can do whatever you like!) GL!
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i say wear your dress too! And believe Vegas will be a whirlwind. We are going back for our anniversary because there was so much we didn't get to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry, but at least you'll get some of your Vegasness... I say wear your dress too :)
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Diane and the other ladies, rock your dress. I'm always thinking of ways to wear my dress again. And you'll take great pics with so many great places you can't go wrong. You'll have a great ceremony where ever, all that counts is you and your FI with the bonus of your family. Please keep posting here, we are all brides first regardless of the location. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wear the dress!! Wear the dress!!  Have a great time and keep the photos to prove it!
  • Options
    sweetmelody1sweetmelody1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA with everyone, please keep posting here :) You are a Vegas bride at heart.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most def keep posting!! and rock that dress twice!:)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards