Favors

When to Buy & How many?

According to TK's to do list, it says I should be buying/assembling my invitations this month. We are inviting 144 guests, but at least 75% of them are from OOT... so we are expecting about 75 guests to actually be able to make it to the wedding. So my first question is: How many should I order? Let me explain my favor idea a little bit, which might help w/ your answer. Our favors are going to do double duty as place cards as well. We are serving steak, chicken or veggie for our meal. If the guest orders steak, they get a sugar starfish as their favor. If the guest orders chicken, they get a sand dollar for a favor. If they order the veggie meal, they get a finger starfish favor. So my next question is: How many of each should I order? I was also going to attach a ribbon & tag to each of the favors saying Thank you on one side & the guests name & table number on the other. So there will be some assembly required on my end. I'd prefer to put these together at my leisure & not have to worry about them in the weeks before my wedding...
PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: When to Buy & How many?

• jen812jen812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooops!!!! TYPO!!! --->>> According to TK's to do list, it says I should be buying/assembling my invitations this month. Should say --->>> According to TK's to do list, it says I should be buying/assembling my FAVORS this month.
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Well, it would depend on how many people are ordering the steak, chicken and fish...It matters little how many total guests show up.say 75 guests come, then well, unless you know how many people are going to order chicken, you might as well order 75 sand dollars... same with the other favors. Is there a way to get an idea of how people are planning to order their food?
  • edited December 2011
    I would say you are going to have to wait to do this until after you get your responses back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. You are just going to have to wait until you get the responses back.  Otherwise, there is NO way to tell what to order or how many without needing to buy more or having extras!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everybody else.  You are going to have to wait until your have your head count per plate.  I am getting married on 28 Nov and I ordered my favors two days ago...I was waiting for a head count, as well, so I would know how many to buy.  You'd be surprised how many OOT will come.  Most of my guest are OOT.Since you are doing your favors by meal and then going to do some DIY things to it, you need to give yourself enough time...meaning that people need to RSVP a bit earlier, then you need time to order / receive favors, and then time to  assemble the favors!Good luck!
    A happy newlywed...now time to start a family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards