Honeymoon Discussions

California HM?

FI and I are getting married in Napa Valley in 6 months. We currently live in Florida and we've been thinking about our honeymoon. We've decided that a beach honeymoon seems pointless since we live at the beach. It just doesn't excite us much to think about, though I am sure it would be fun if we did that. Instead, we were thinking that since we'll be in California anyway, we could save a ton of money and do something there. Maybe get a low key cabin in Yosemite or Big Sur. I'm not too familiar with California, but FI spent most of his life there - from SF and the Bay Area to northern California up in Napa. We're thinking that we'd like to keep it low(er) cost - (less than $2,000) and save the money we would have spent to put toward a down payment on a house or something. Honestly, FI and I could spend a week in a tent and be happy. Is anyone else doing anything similar rather than the Sandals or Beaches HM?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: California HM?

• Hi there, Im in FL too so I understand the not doing a beachy honeymoon thing. We are actually going snowboarding and whatnot in Lake Tahoe (in January). I like your idea to do something different! Our cousins went to Big Sur this summer, and pics are amazing!
  • Thanks MrsCanes! Lake Tahoe looks absolutely beautiful. That sounds amazing! We're thinking about getting a cozy cabin somewhere.

• you could continue to enjoy napa and experience wine country (sonoma too) and explore san francisco...i luv san francisco. yosemite would be great too!
  • Thanks MrsCFB! We both agree wholeheartedly. Still haven't decided anything yet, but we're excited about it. :)

• I don't like the beach, really. I hate the weather being above 75. (Of course, I also live in LA, so I have enough beach/hot weather.) I'm going to France for my HM, but I'm also doing a mini-moon to either Santa Fe, Santa Barbara, or San Diego. (HM will be much later.) A road trip down the coast would also be really cool for you guys! San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara are really nice.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I'm from San Luis Obispo and its a great quiet town. There are lots of things to do there, although you may be renting a beach house, which sounds like something you're not interested in doing. We do have Hearst Castle though. Really cool
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards