Virginia-Richmond

Vendor reviews

My daughters wedding was this month.  Give me a holler if you have any questions.Dresses:  Sestra Bridal in Chester.  Can not say enough wonderful about these ladies.  Big selection with lots of different styles, excellent prices and wonderful customer service.  They also have the most wonderful and reasonably priced alterations.  Earline is just fabulous.  My daughter is a plus sized bride, and Earline customized her dress to make her feel beautiful.  Triple highly recommend!!!!!!!!!Venue:  Celebrations at the Reservoir in Moseley.  Since people always ask, this is NOT the one where regular boats can dock :)  She had her ceremony on the Landing and her reception at the Pool Pavilion.  Everything went smoothly on the day and the we got everything we asked for.  I do have some suggestions.  Get a receipt for every payment.  They don't give you one as a matter of course and it may come in handy if there is a question.  If you have more people than can fit downstairs in the Pool Pavilion, go with a different reception area on the property.  The people upstairs really can't see from their tables and it really feels like they are disconnected from everyone.  Go with the fountain for the pool...it looks really pretty!  My only complaint is that they really wanted us out AT 11, and they were clearing tables of anything but candles and centerpeices too early.  People went back for more wedding cake in the last hour and there was no flatware left to be found.Catering:  Edwards Catering.  Sam made us feel comfortable from the first meeting.  He just has that vibe that makes you feel like it will all be ok.  He was open to our menu (my daughter is very specific!) and the tasting was amazing.  He provided food for the vendors, a vegeterian option, and a childrens plate.  I would highly recommend him.Flowers:  Flowers make Scents.  Amazing...that's all I can say.  Even when our budget was cut 3 weeks out, they rolled with it.  We told them fall colors, include yellow roses, and that we were open to nontraditional...and let them handle it.  Highly recommend.DJ:  Mark Abernathy of Party Time Entertainment.  Kept the party going and people dancing.  One suggestion, if you have special songs that you want, and need to give him a CD, make sure that he tries them out before the day.Cake:  Bakers Kitchen.  Nice people, good prices, really tasty cake!  It was exactly how we pictured and their buttercream frosting is FABULOUS.Photography:  Mike Topham.  So far so good!  Beautiful engagement photos, lovely bridal portrait.  Came on the day with 2 extra people so I know we will have lots to choose from.  On time and covered everything that happened.  Took photos all during the day, and was good about taking "directed candids " :)  when asked for something not obvious.  I'll post more when my daughter gets back from her honeymoon and we can see the photos.  You can contact me here or on the MOB/MOG board if you have any questions!
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: Vendor reviews

• edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that your daughter had the wedding of her dreams! Thanks so much for posting the reviews; they'll definitely help me plan my wedding since we had to postpone my November 7 wedding and we're not sure when we will reschedule. I completely agree with your review of Sestra in Chester; the girls there are amazing as is the inventory!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the reviews! Def makes me feel more secure. I'm using Flowers Makes Scents and Mike Topham, so it's nice to hear positive feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards