Chinese Weddings

Did you / are you doing favors?

If so, would you mind sharing what they were/will be? We're trying to think of ideas that won't break the bank. FI and I were thinking of doing little edible favors that are generally unique to where each of us grew up. We're currently tossing around the idea of doing "Buckeyes and Moonpies" with a little tag with a little explanation for those that aren't familiar with where each originated. And hey, it rhymes! :P Opinions and other ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Re: Did you / are you doing favors?

• edited December 2011
    I personally like edible favors so I like your ideas.We put chocolates in cute little boxes. Simple!
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Edible favors seem to get the best ratings.  Don't force your guests to bring home something they may not want. :P Your idea sounds good to me!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We also did edible favors - chocolate covered cranberries - just because I like them! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did mini-bamboo steamers filled with three custom fortune cookies - one each of regular flavor, strawberry and chocolate.Here's a link to the photo that was on our photographer's blog [url]http://tinyurl.com/ydgsccu[/url]
  • stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did sandalwood fans!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had these little boxes with chinese writing on it and a double happiness sign, and filled it with my favorite Chinese and Japanese candy :) Due to the recent melamin issue... I had the Japanese instead of Chinese milk candy and everyone loved them! Oh, and I also got some nice red laquered chopsticks and tied a ribbon with our names on it, because out budget ended up being enough for it.  I was originally going to give alternating chopstick and candy, but thought better of it....
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing chopsticks that I got from Vietnam (see bio) and putting something edible with them. Really not sure what yet. Since FI is Scots-Irish I was thinking maybe a shamrock lollipop but I may just do fortune cookies.
  • edited December 2011
    Lottery scratch cards, which we are inserting in red envelopes, and Chinese take-out containers with some candies.

• tohruchantohruchan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had originally wanted to give out chocolate in the bamboo steamers, but my family and relatives nixed the idea. -_- (i was bitter). we ended up giving out these fake silver jewelry boxes that we bought in bulk from cambodia. if you can buy stuff in bulk from asia, go for it.. so much cheaper than buying from here.
  • edited December 2011
    Engraved sandalwood fans, with extra beading that i will do myself.
    imageimage
  • HopalleeHopallee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing smalls 3x3 inch boxes and filling them with loose tea. I will arrange the boxes in a square and then print a large rose image across 9 boxes, this way when people arrive before dinner is served there will be something visual on the table, instead of a centerpiece that would likley get in the way of all the courses. Plus tea is good luck and the best man is a huge tea snob, so that's going to be *his* project :-)
  • edited December 2011
    im doing mini lucky bamboo sticks and im using mini candle glasses as the vase from hobby lobby or michaels and buying little rocks like the ones you can use for fish tanks to fill it in and tying the sticks with our name and date on a mini card. the good thing is that they come in bundles if you want to DIY. if you want you can check it out at www.buyluckybamboo.com their very cute and not too expensive due to how big your guest list will be not only that but i don't see to much of this at weddings.. hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    I was just thinking the same thing about the bamboo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards