Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

my silly SIL

I got married 3 weeks ago and it was fantastic! I truly enjoyed the day and I had to share this story. My sister in law needs to be the center of attention and couldn't handle that for one day she wouldn't be. (Her wedding was in 2007 and was a bridezilla to the max!) So she announced she was pregnant the day before our wedding! Can you believe that? I had to laugh because I had a gut feeling she would pull something like that. This is the best part...she's only 6 weeks pregnant and hasn't even been to the doctor to confirm! Even though she tried to make our wedding about her the fact is that it wasn't. We were in our own world and it was fab! Just had to share such a selfish story!

Re: my silly SIL

• Most doctor's won't see you until at least 8 weeks. A missed period and positive home pregnancy test are as good as a blood test at the doctor's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • i'd be irritated too...could she not have waited a few more days to tell everyone? it had to be the night before your wedding? i have a SIL who is the same...everything has to be about her
  • Don't you think people would have noticed when she wasn't drinking all weekend?Expecting a baby is exciting news that's hard not to share, but I do think she should have done it a few days before the wedding celebrations began. Unless she stood up, clinked her glass to gain attention and made her announcement at your rehearsal dinner I'd just ignore it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It's not like she did it AT your wedding, right? The day before your wedding is not your wedding day.   That being said, yeah, it sounds like an AW move. Oh well.
  • Thats really sad that your SIL craves attention like that. :) Congrats to you and having a fantastic wedding! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards