New York-New York City

Suggestions for Engagement Photos, clothes, location and hours

Hi girls, I just booked my photographer (www.dreamlifeweddings.com) and am very excited! I am looking for suggestions for engagement shoots. My package included one hour session and they said we can choose one or two locations. should I upgrade to two hour session?(100 bucks more) I want to have nature look and modern feel, they gave me many suggestions, but I think one hour may not be enough.... I like their idea of the free engagement session! and what shall I wear? Casual or formal... Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Suggestions for Engagement Photos, clothes, location and hours

• edited December 2011
    i would say it depends on your style, but most of the e-pics i have been seeing lately are the couple in casual settings, wearing jeans and sweaters just hanging out at a bar or park. your wedding pics will be fancy so i think it's nice to have a professional photog do more casual shots--but that's just me! if you want to put on a fancy dress and go mini-golfing, you should do it!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want a nature look, you could do Central Park or the High Line (the most popular place for engagement pics now) or another park. For our engagement photos, we did several hours and one of my outfits was a dress and heels and the other was tee shirt and jeans. I think you should wear whatever you're comfortable in. Personally, I would go for more than 1 hour but I really like photos.
  • kemseyellekemseyelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls! Central Park and the High Line were their suggestions too. I will think about adding one extra hour, sounds not bad to me.
  • tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours along the Highline and in the West Village, SoHo and the Brklyn Bridge.  They turned out great!We spent a little over 2 hours, so I would consider upgrading.  One hour flies by...
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I booked with Dreamlife Weddings too! I chose Central Park only, because I wanted to fit into the one hour session, but I kinda regret now. The photos are great, wish I had another hour so I can go to Brooklyn Bridge. Btw they are close to grand central maybe you can try sth there, they suggested me to take photos there but my fiance didn't wanna go. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards