Rhode Island

Videographer or Photobooth?

If you could only do one which one would you do? I need to decide which one I really want. I have tried looking for an inexpensive videographer but they are all more than what I wanted to spend since I was thinking of doing a photobooth as well. Some say a videographer is a necessity others say it's a waste of money because you will never watch it.  What do you ladies think?TIA

Re: Videographer or Photobooth?

• edited December 2011
    I am doing both so I am of no help for choosing. However, we didn't budget for both so we ended up going to John from WeddingStories and asking for a deal. He gave us one of his assistants for our wedding for WAY cheaper but he is still doing all of the editing. It's a deal we couldn't refuse. See if any of the videographers are willing to cut you a deal? I couldn't get any photobooth companies to budge...:)
  • kcabral80kcabral80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did both, but i think if i could have only done one it would have definitely been the videographer. maybe everyone has a different opinion, but i would absolutely watch my DVD more than once. i love it! it truly captures the day so much better than a photobooth. also, you know how they say that the day flies by? well it does...so fast! we were so intriugued by our DVD mostly because a lot of things on it we totally missed that day-i mean ceremony we were there for obviously, LOL, but just the little things that you didnt know happened, or messages from friends and family...
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm I did both but I guess if I had to pick one I'd pick videographer. They day FLIES by and you feel like you miss so much so I can't wait to see our final video!
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    I would choose videographer, hands down.  Who is your photographer? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I did both and I think, knowing what I know now, I would pick the video.  The day went by so quickly and there are things that people are talking about (in a good way) that I don't even remember but am dying to see.  Plus, the reason that we got a videographer was because a family friend told my mother how her children watch their parents video all of the time.  It is really fun for your kids to see the day that you were married.  I know that if my parents had one, I would watch it now.  GL
  • jennlee08jennlee08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    David Bibeault is my photographer...
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I would still choose videographer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Defffff agree with all the ladies - don't skip the video. Even if you don't watch it often, wouldn't you hate to have the wedding without and then regret not having it just in case you want to check it out? It would be video footage lost forever..I work in TV lol, so I guess I'm really biased.
  • edited December 2011
    Probably the best piece of advice I can give is GET A VIDEOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!  It is so amazing to have a video, we have already watched it so many times and we just got it in September.  I really didn't remember our ceremony because I was so caught up in the moment.  It is so nice to have the video, I would so regret it if I didn't have it.
  • edited December 2011
    Video - hands down. No better way to capture the emotion, sound and music of your day.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    photobooth!!!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Videographer! At the end of the wedding, all you will have to remember of the special day is your visual memories. Don't skimp out on it! Photobooth is nice (for the guests) but if you have an excellent photographer, you are not missing out.
  • edited December 2011
    I say videographer; I think we're going to try to DIY a photobooth to save some serious money.
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would say videographer just looking at a couple teaser pics I realized so many looks, emotions, or things that day that i missed so i'm so glad we did a videographer to capture the whole day...for example, we missed all of cocktail hour etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that David Bibeault is offering a video option... have you asked him about this? If it's inexpensive enough, you may be able to do both the photobooth and have the video highlights from your day! If not, I would, hands down, reccomend the videographer. I LOVE our wedding video... I could watch it daily... it brings such a huge smile to my face and such giggles to see everything from the day "in real time". Good luck :)
  • melinda478melinda478 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would choose the videographer. You'll already have a photog to take your pics but the video is so cool. It captures tears, laughter, music, voices...things that a photograph just doesn't get. The biggest regret my friend's had was not getting a video. I love mine.
  • edited December 2011
    videography  - its important to take this advice from married folks... not that its not important from NOT married but after the wedding I decided that the video was the one thing I could NEVER live without.  I love my video and almost didnt do it.  Its like reliving the entire wedding over again.  Really amazing.  If you asked me before I was married - I might have given a dift answer.
  • jennlee08jennlee08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!I have begun my search.
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely videographer! It has been a little over a year since our wedding and we still watch our video all the time! They were able to capture everything we saw and didn't see in a way that I don't think pictures can. ~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards