Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Rec- Hotel near airport

Hi Dallas Ladies, FI is suddenly being sent home from Iraq and I'll be picking him up in Dallas... I don't know my way around the city and have never stayed in a hotel there, so I'm looking for hotel recs near the DFW airport. I've googled already, just looking for any first hand recommendations. TIA!

Re: Rec- Hotel near airport

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! If you can afford it the Grand Hyatt at the airport (Terminal D) is nice, or try any of the hotels in the Grapevine Mills area--it is right north of DFW. Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn come to mind
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The grand hyatt is fantastic! There's also an embassy suites on the southside, and some more budget friendly options on the north side. Look along Hwy 114 in Irving/Grapevine.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Marriott Solana which is further west along 114.  We've stayed at the Summerfield Suites before and there's a nice looking Hyatt Place.  Before I moved to the Grapevine area, I would stay sometimes at the Baymont Inn and Suites off of Main St. in Grapevine.  They were really nice and not too expensive.  I didn't like the Super 8 though.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, the Grand Hyatt at the airport is nice.   The Westin DFW North  or the Embassy DFW South are both very nice and right outside the airport entrances on either the north or south side, whichever is most convenient for you.If your looking for a good value hotel and not so much luxury, the Comfort Suites DFW North or South are both nice, clean friendly hotels as well. 
  • edited December 2011
    Grand Hyatt is awesome! We got a suite there to get ready in and DH and I stayed there our wedding night...they were so helpful and it was a very nice hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies. Between these suggestions and the ones I recieved on the Nest, I've got lots of places to call! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards