Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Vendor Reviews

Hi Ladies!  I got married on 10/16/09 and wanted to share my reviews.  I was mostly a lurker but I got some good info from the board and wanted to pass it along.Venue: Merion Tribute HouseI adored our venue.  It's tucked away off of 76 and City Ave and feels like it's a castle in the countryside.  We had hoped for an outdoor ceremony and were rained out, but they lit fires in the giant fireplaces and there was still plenty of room for everything inside.  They were great to work with for planning and had lots of gorgeous picture spots.  Although the rental fee was more than I planned to pay, I made up the difference with the caterer so my per person cost was the same as or less than a lot of other city locations.Caterer: Williamson CaterersWilliamson's provided the food and an open bar at a price we could afford.  They were quick to respond to all my questions and served wonderful food, including a sweets table that my husband and I didn't even get to sample because the guests loved it and ate it all!  The cost of the cake was included in our package but it actually came from Rillings Bakery.Cake: Rillings BakeryI don't know about the cost of this as it was included in our package.  Because of that we had a limited selection of flavors and styles but we found what we wanted and it tasted great.  The only drawback was that they weren't great at returning calls.Photographer: Sarah Schulte (w/second shooter)I cannot recommend Sarah enough!!! She was so fun to work with and will customize her package so you get exactly what you want.  My husband hates getting his picture taken but she and her husband John (our second shooter) worked quickly and were friendly so he was able to relax.  We've only seen her blog post so far and the pictures were incredible.  She was one of the best wedding decisions we made!!DJ:  Tom BarrettTom was easy to work with both in planning and the day of.  He called to review everything a few weeks out and then the day before.  The night of the wedding he had everyone dancing all night.  I definitely recommend him and he was very affordable.  He did our ceremony as well.Florist:  Robertson'sWe only got personal flowers (no centerpieces) and they were all beautiful.  I was a little concerned that the bouquets would be small based on our conversations, but they were plenty big and beautiful.  They were able to incorporate my maternal grandmother's handkerchief as well as beads from my paternal grandmother in my bouquet and it looked amazing.Day of Coordinator:  Carina Slater, Remember This Day EventsAt first I didn't plan to hire a coordinator but I'm so glad I changed my mind.  Carina was so helpful and let me relax and enjoy my day.  She is friendly and responsible.  If you are at all uncertain about getting a DOC, I highly recommend going for it and calling Carina.  I am totally Type A and was nervous about surrendering the details to someone else but once I met her I knew I had nothing to worry about it and she made sure everything went great.Hotel: Hilton City AvenueI left this for last because they are the only vendor I had problems with.  My block filled up more than once and they didn't call to let me know, so guests had trouble reserving rooms. When I got there and wanted to check in they didn't accommodate the request I had made months earlier and didn't treat me well.  We ended up speaking with the hotel manager and he took care of everything.  The actual stay in the hotel was great; my problems were with planning.  They did offer an excellent rate so if you decide to use them just know you will have to be on top of things.I hope that helps everyone else!  Congratulations to the other brides!

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards