Registry and Gift Forum

Pampered Chef!?

My aunt is having a booking party and Pampered Chef has an online wedding registry. I am really excited about it because I love PC stuff and FI loves to cook!Has anyone used this registry?https://www.pamperedchef.com/registry/public/weddingRegistryHome.tpcWe also registered at BB&B online, but I'm not too thrilled really. We've both been married before and have already furnished our home...I'm stumped.
~Peaceful

Cafe' Kisses

Our First Picture. March, 2009

Engaged 10/11/09

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wedding 10/10/10 At the Lake Shawnee Yacht Club, Topeka, KS

Our Website - Briant Loves Tawnya

Re: Pampered Chef!?

• I used the online registry for my wedding this past May and I had a really great experience.  My guests thought it was was y easier to use than my other registry (Sears).  The rewards were great for me.  No complaints.  You don't have to have any sort of parties to do the registry, guests can just order online like most other registries.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you do opt for the registry, please don't do a Pampered Chef shower.  Many people (including myself) find such parties rather offensive.
  • I agree with Banana. I see showers like that is being very ungrateful. But, I do love Pampered Chef. Their stuff is awesome.
  • What is a booking party?
  • Do not accept any offer for a PC party.  They are horribly offensive.Otherwise, the site is easy to use and people can order online just like any other registry.But, no party.  You'll look like a jerk and your aunt will look like a greedy opportunist.
  • A booking party... I have no idea! LOL I guess what I meant is that my aunt isn't having a 'party' just telling us that she is hostessing a virtual party this week and directed us to her consultant's website completely independent of my wedding.As for having a 'party' myself or for a shower. I have no interest in that, I hate hostessing and I hate being invited to all home sells stuff. Bleh.But the online registry is what I'm interested in. Thanks for all your input and warnings! =)Registry yes, shower no.
    ~Peaceful

Cafe' Kisses

Engaged 10/11/09

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good call on opting out of the virtual shower!  My friend was invited to one of those, from a bride who lives hundreds of miles away.  We all thought it was appallingly rude, why not just send by email a list of things you'd like to each wedding guest and ask them to send you a 'shower gift'?  Terrible, I can't believe these virtual showers are being used often enough that several ladies on here have been invited to them! We couldn't decide if it was better or worse than a bride we knew who decided to register at Sephora and had a shower requesting that the only gifts given be from her Sephora registry. 
  • I agree it's okay to have the registry especially if you love the stuff. But I attended a shower that was PC and I hate it. The bride had a want list and you had ot pick from that and order. It was just weird. Plus it's hard to get multiple items in all the price points. The cheaper items (under $20) were gone first.
  • Oh yeah! I'm TOTALLY going to register at Sephora!!!! Woo-hoo! =)Just Kidding! lolI would be PIZZED if I got invited to a shower and was expected to buy something there! I'd be humiliated if it were mine!
    ~Peaceful

Cafe' Kisses

Engaged 10/11/09

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm doing the on-line registry as well with PC.  I think it's a great idea!  Just make sure to register somewhere else, because like people said, if the cheaper items are the first to go, then the individual always has the option to go someplace else, or spend a little bit more money.  But I say go for it!!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards