New York-New York City

Recommend small wedding venues

Hi Ladies,Looking for suggestions for a venue where i can hold a small wedding-approx 30 people.  Would love to be on the water.  Anywhere in NYC (and surronding areas).TIA!
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Recommend small wedding venues

• edited December 2011
    Seamens Church Institute in Manhattan Frankies 457 in Brooklyn - not on the water but still cool and great for 30 people Gigino in Battery Park
  • edited December 2011
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find a place on the water for so few folks.  You should consider any restaurants that you like, as either they will have a party room or can section off a part of the restaurant for you - of course, this will come at a cost. Try loft spaces or restaurants; most other venues will require minimums that your party cannot meet.  GL.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe call the Water Club and see what options they have for private parties! 
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, I would try nice restaurants on the water to see if they have private rooms you could use for the reception. You actually have fewer options on event spaces because of your small party, but it opens up TONS of restaurant options! GL!!
  • Maureen LMaureen L member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Giando's on the water. I'm using them and they have a cocktail room downstairs that opens out onto the area. I'm using the cocktail area and the banquet room upstairs, but I'm sure you could just rent the bottom, which can definitely sit 30 people for dinner.
    Photobucket
    Maureen & Jonathan - 10.09.10
    image 261 Invited so far! image 124 Are ready to party!
    image 108 Will be missing out image 29 Are MIA image
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe see if Sequoia, a restaurant on the water at South Street Seaport, has a private room or floor that you can use... you can also try Bubby's Brooklyn, which has a great view of the water, even if it isn't directly over the water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards