Pennsylvania

The Chateau in Tannersville, PA Poconos

Hi there!  My fiance and I are considering a wedding at the Chateau Resort in Tannersville  in the Poconos of PA.  We are interested in hearing any comments you may have (positive or negative) if your wedding/reception was held there or if you attended a wedding function there.  Thanks in advance for any replies!

Re: The Chateau in Tannersville, PA Poconos

• edited December 2011
    My wedding is scheduled there in June 2010.  So far I haven't had much going on since we are still quite a few months out.  But I have eaten there a few times, in their restaurant as well as for a bridal show and I thought the food was wonderful.  Their price includes the wedding cake.  They do not make that in house but have Kinsley's Market in Broadheadsville make it.  I was a little unsure about this at first since it isn't a bakery.  But everyone I talked to said it was wonderful and they always do a wonderful job.  They don't do cake tasting and only offer basic flavors and any filling is 35 cents extra.  But for a wedding on a budget $35 for a cake to feed 100 people is pretty good to me.  Looking through cakes they did previously they are really wonderful.  There are even some "odd" ones that they did wonderfully (like a cake made entirely of donuts).  I love the Swan Deck by the lake and that is where we will have our ceremony.  Not sure on what time of year you are thinking but we are having June so the waterfall will be going and the flowers and trees in full bloom.  If you are looking for Fall I would do early October because a lot of the leaves fall after that.  I wouldn't suggest winter just because of the road to get there.  It's pretty steep.  Michelle is our contact there, I think she is the Event Coordinator.  She is always very helpful and friendly.  I would say negative is they don't have much of an alternative incase it rains.  If it rains we are having the ceremony in the Seasons room, then going to the Normandy room (small windowless room) for the cocktail hour, then back to Seasons for the reception.  And pictures are even more of an issue.  They have some pretty fireplaces but nothing really great looking indoors.  But fingers crossed it won't rain!!Sorry this was so long but I hope I was able to help.  Good luck in your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards