Washington-Seattle
Options

Dress Shops

Okay - went dress shopping with my mom in Spokane a few weeks ago and didn't find anything I was in love with. We're heading to Seattle next weekend to do some more shopping. What are the must see dress shops in town? My cousins live in Seattle so I know my way around the sound area pretty well, along with Tacoma and up into Bremerton so I'll take recommendations anywhere! Thanks so much!!

Re: Dress Shops

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had nothing but good experiences at La Belle Elaine's. They have dress ranging in price from under 1k to around 5k, I think. Most seemed in the $1500-4k range to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Alfred Angelo's in Tukwila. They have great styles, great prices, and COLOR! That was my big selling point!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think where you shop could be dicated by your budet a little.  I Do Bridal is usually really busy and a tiny space for so much stuff.  But they have a lot of really reasonalby priced dresses. 800-1400 range.I LOVE Calla Bridal which is where I got my dress.  You can also take pictures in dresses there.  The price point is anywhere from $1400-4000.  I like the owner a lot and it's not a totally crowded space and the dresses look amazing.  I do second La Belle Elaines.  It has a lot of dresses are various price points.  It does get busy there but there's room plus a web cam so you can share with people not coming with you.GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from I Do, but also had great experience at Cynderellie's Closet in Edmonds. There's also All That Shimmers in Lakewood. FYI, the shops on this side of the mountain seem to charge more for dresses than those in Spokane, so just keep that as a possibility. Doesn't mean it always will be more, but when I called around for pricing on my dress, the two shops in Spokane quoted me cheaper than the ones out here.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And if you're coming down south for All That Shimmers in Lakewood, you shop pop into The Wedding Bell in Tacoma.  It's on 6th Ave, off Hwy 16.  They've got a good price range, and good reviews. If I were you, I'd do one day in Seattle and Edmonds (Cynderellie's closet, I Do and La Belle Elaine's), then a 2nd down in the south sound (Alfred Angelo, All That Shimmers, and The Wedding Bell).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I think we will end up spending the whole weekend. Who knos - I might find one right away. I have added them to my map quest! :) I'm hoping to stay between $4000 and $6000 so we'll see! I'm wondering if I should have someone make my dress... My brain hurts from all this wedding stuff already - there's too many choices! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on Le Belle Elaine's! My budget was $1,000 and they worked with me and I ended up finding my dress for $1300 (a little over but well worth it! It has swarovsky crystals on it.) They were super friendly and nice and my consultant was very patient as I was on the phone with my mom consoling her after she found out that her cat had died...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! Poor kitty - poor mom!! :) I'll check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Victoria's Bridal Couture in North Seattle is GREAT if your looking to keep it in the 500-1500 dollar budget. Also they do alterations on site which is nice.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards