Pennsylvania

Easton Bakery?

Has anyone used Easton Bakery for their wedding cake?  My sister-in-law has gotten birthday cakes from there before and said the place is hit or miss.  I'm still trying to figure out where to get my cake that's affordable but still tastes good.  I'm in the Lehigh Valley.  Thanks for the help.

Re: Easton Bakery?

• edited December 2011
    Not for my wedding, but for birthdays as well. Good stuff -- and back in the day, they were the only place that did photos scanned onto the frosting of cakes. now you can get that anywhere but it used to blow minds.
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try La Dolce Vita on Hamilton Blvd in Allentown. They just did our wedding cake, cupcakes, pastries & cookies. Pete there is AMAZING and I think he used to be a pastry chef at the Hershey Hotel.
  • starzoarstarzoar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard it was good.  I know 2 people that have used it.  I am using a lady out of Bangor, Donna Race Freeby.  If you are interested let me know and I"ll get you her info.
  • fossl04fossl04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure, I'd love the info...thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in the Lehigh Valley and am using Kym's Creations.  www.kymscreations.com.  She is much smaller than Village Bake Shop and those places, but SO MUCH BETTER!  When you meet with her she will make cupcakes in the cake flavors that you want to taste (she made about 10 flavors for us), and had about 15 corresponding icings and fillings.  Everything was so good that we wound up picking 3 different wedding cake flavors.  We had such a hard time deciding which flavors to pick because they were all so delicious, and so when we called her a few weeks later asking if we could taste some of them again, she made a whole tray of cupcakes free of charge for us to try.  Her prices are reasonable, and cakes are fantastic.
  • edited December 2011
    If you have still yet to make up your mind. You might want to check us out. We're not the typical bakery. www.dreamvillecakes.com. We serve the Lehigh Valley and neighboring areas. You might just want to give us a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards