Florida-North Florida

The Bridal Shop - Alterations Feedback

Hello Girls ! My dress is in at The Bridal Shop in Jax, and I was wondering if any of you that got your dress from there used their alterations lady - C.Pratt is her name ? I am just looking to get feedback, etc. and see if I should stick with her ( I believe she works out of her home and not the store ) or if I should look elsewhere based on your experience, what you have heard, etc.

If I should look elsewhere, please advise on where to go in the Jax area.

TIA !

Re: The Bridal Shop - Alterations Feedback

• edited December 2011
    Are you talking about The Bridal Shop at the Avenues, off Philips? I used them for my wedding (bought dresses in Oct. 2009, got the dresses in a couple months later) and their alterations lady was Martha Shump.

They don't do any alterations in the shop and I don't know who this new woman is, but Martha Shump was awesome (don't listen to the online reviews, she was so sweet and helpful). She is located in San Marco.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Seshat411 ! Yes, the Bridal Shop at the Avenues - When I bought my dress in December, C.Pratt is who they told me does their alterations ( She also works in their store too and gave me her alterations business card - very nice women and I guess she doesn alterations on the side ) but I just wasn't sure how she was, and any reviews on her.

I wonder why they did not recommend Martha to me...hmmm..

Thanks for your feedback - I will look into Martha as well - good to know she was great to work with.
  • edited December 2011
    She must be a new employee from when I went, because at the time their only alterations lady was Martha Shump (of Martha Shump Designs). I would recommend her if you live close to the San Marco/Lakewood area. My alterations were to take in the top and back, which costs $25. My MOH had the straps altered and the top taken in, also $25. I don't know other prices so I can't compare, but I thought we got off pretty cheap.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been playing phonetag with Martha  Shump.  She's going on vacation after this week until July 5 so if I were you, I'd call soon.

904 614 6593
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • edited December 2011

lissypooh628- thank you for Martha's phone #, I will be sure to give her a call - especially with my wedding coming up in late August !

• julie102310julie102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have scheduled appointments with  C Pratte to do my alterations.  First appt not until the fall. I also purchased my dress at The Bridal Shop at the Avenues. Bought the dress in May, and at that time they were still working with both Martha Shump & C Pratte. For my alterations (adding a corset, bustle, & hem) they suggested C. Don't have any experience with her yet, other than setting up the appointments. On the phone, I found her to be professional & polite. She was also very accommodating to my schedule..I live in Orlando, so its not so easy to just stop by. She agreed to a series of three fitting appointments, each on  Friday evening at 7pm.  That alone tells me she puts the client first, and values customer service.

Unfortunately, I have no objective way to gauge her skills as a seamstress. Which is, uhhhh, somewhat critical.   ;)     Her website is www.cpratte.com

I have totally Google-stalked her, trying to find something (anything!) to confirm/deny her skills as a seamstress. Not much out there to be found. All I was able to dig up was this:

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/pratte-bridal-seamstress-jacksonville/c6ed88d5da3aa530.html

So, to second the request of beachbride13, anyone with first-person experience with C, let us know what you thought!
  • julie102310julie102310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Update* -  Since C Pratte seems to have spent a lot of time in Vermont doing alterations, I posted a note on the Vermont Local Board asking about her there. I'll post any relevant info here at the North Florida board. The Vermont board seems a bit of a ghost town, so I'm not holding my breath.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards