Texas-Austin
Options

Allen House

Could anyone that got married at The Allen House tell me how you handled parking?  Considering booking for next fall, but trying to cover all expenses... parking, tent....  If there is anything thing that I am missing for this venue could you also let me know.  Thanks!!!

Re: Allen House

• Options
    sweetscarletsweetscarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married there 2 weeks ago. We rented the lot directly across the street from the Texas PTA. It was $300 for the night. You can also rent from the Central Christian Church (which is also across the street). There is a lot behind the Allan House that you can rent for $275, but guests would have to walk up a hill of sorts, and I didn't want to have some of my older guests do that. The lots across the street was easier for everybody to spot as well. Texas PTA (512.476.6769)  Central Christian Church (512.476.6941)Other (basic) expenses: linens (used BBJ Linens), caterer (used Pascal's Catering. LOVE!) and bar (if you don't use your caterer. Pascal's does it, but I went with Hill Country Events).  Allan House supplies all the tables and chairs. Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we looked into the allan house for our wedding next december. if you get married there in december, there's a tent and heaters included in the rental fee...if the day happens to be warmer than expected you can pay a flat fee of $100 to have them remove the siding. it's a clear tent. i'm not sure if you visited yet, but when we did they told us there are several parking lots across the street and next door that you can pay a flat fee (i want to say it was $300) to have your guests park at.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, re: tent - You have the option of sharing the cost of the rental with the other brides getting married there that weekend. That came up shortly before my wedding, but the weather forecast was awesome, so I passed. But it's a great way to split the cost!
  • Options
    JuanitaPJuanitaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're considering allan house for this upcoming spring but I'm worried about having too many guests for the space. (175?) How many did you have? Did you feel like the flow of the space worked for your group? Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, we had a very small wedding (65 people), so the outside space really worked for us. There still was plenty of room for additional tables (that we obviously didn't need). They do say they can accommodate up to 200 people outside, so I definitely think it'd be possible. It all looked so gorgeous though, so if you think you can do it, you definitely should. It just looked magical at night (of course, I a little biased. ;). Here are some photos that my friend took. They are on FB and I'm not sure of her privacy settings. Hopefully this will work:http://tinyurl.com/yfamebrhttp://tinyurl.com/yzp734ahttp://tinyurl.com/yzpl3p7Not much, but hopefully that helps!
  • Options
    jlmowrisjlmowris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing those pictures SweetScarlet! We're getting married at the Allan House next year and your pictures got me so excited.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem! My goal this weekend is to compile all the photos my friends and family took and put them in one concise album. Once that's done, I'll post the link. I really have zero regrets about choosing the Allan House as my venue. It was exactly what we wanted!
  • Options
    JuanitaPJuanitaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, thanks for the help! I'm going by there again tomorrow to make sure it's really big enough... ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked there but the one thing I really didn't like for the amount of guests we are haiving (150-ish) was there is only one bathroom on the first floor and one on the second. For a larger guest count with a lot of older family that was no doable for us. Just something you may want to consider when making your decision. I'm sad that was the dealbreaker - I love that venue. : (
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trish, did you check it out after they added that extra bathroom on the ground floor (no need to walk up any stairs. You have access to it from the courtyard)? Not sure if that's the one you are talking about. In any case, yep, all things to definitely consider.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They must have done that after we already picked a venue. If they would have told us their plan to do that when we were talking to them that may have swayed my opinion!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards