Wedding Etiquette Forum

Location (by State)

If my FI and I live in NJ and MY whole family is in NJ but HIS whole family is in MA, do I need to have a CT wedding since it's in the middle??? That way everyone has the same travel time. So confused! I don't know what's fair. Help!

Re: Location (by State)

• No, you don't need to.  I'd do it in NJ since you both live there.  Where does your FI want to have it?  You should discuss this with him.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You don't have to have it in the middle, have it where you are or have it there.  People will travel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Have it where you want to have it.  CT, NJ and MA are close enough together that no one is going to begrudge you their traveling.  If you and your FI live in NJ, I'd suggest having it there; that will be easiest for your planning.
    Photobucket
  • You don't have to have it in the middle. If you and Fi are in Jersey and want to have it there, then do so. People will travel if need be.

FWIW, DH and I got married in Jersey (I'm originally from there), however we both live in MD. All of our friends travelled from MD to Jersey and DH's family travelled from Alabama. I guess my point is, people will travel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks.  Do you think it matters if there are about twice as many (if not more) people in MA than NJ that would be invited??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards