Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

gift with no card attached

Just wanted to know what to do? I am unsure who gave us a gift because a couple of cards got removed. I looked into the registry and still can not figure it out. I have one gift and do not know who it came from.

Re: gift with no card attached

• Ask your parents/close relatives to ask around, they may be able to figure it out for you.  It would help if you had a guest list of who gave you something and who didn't so you could narrow it down...
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Sorta the same thing happened to me.  Somone put all the envelopes in a gift bag...thereby mixing the gift's card with all the other ones.  We asked both our parents, but no one knew.  I was able to narrow it down a little, and just referred to the gift as a gift in all the other thank you cards.
  • I agree w/the above poster, try to narrow it down, or ask your parents if they know. You might even try calling a customer service number from the company you registered with and see if they can give you a first or last name of the ppl who purchased the gift - it's worth a try. If you can't find out, I would write a generic note to those who you think it might be of 'thank you so much for your gift. DH and i were so excited you could be part of our day..blah blah.'
  • I agree with the other ladies here, ask your parents for help in trying to find out who gave you that gift.
  • We had this happen with 2 gifts.  one there was no card and the other the card was separted.  We asked around about the couple cards we got with nothing in them and then was able to figure it.  Just ask around, someone will help you figure it out!
  • Did you call the store where the registered item was purchased? I had the same thing happen and couldn't figure it out by looking at our registry (when it was purchased, etc.), but the store was able to tell me who purchased the gift and when. Good luck.
  • We had the same thing happen to us and I feel so bad we still have no idea who it was from and we tried everything....good luck!
  • I tried everything to track down a gift giving to us from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They do not keep track of who gives a gift of your registry. Unless it is ordered online or they pay with credit. If it is cash they can not tell who the purchaser is. Macy's keeps track of anyone who purchases gifts off your registry. I was able to find out what store the item came from that was it. The unknown gift was given to us we think by a friend, so we could not call anyone to help out. We sent a generic card to the couple that we had no clue what they gave us. I still do not know who gave us the items from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards