West Virginia

DJ Costs?

Hey girls. I am trying to figure out what my other cost are going to be after the venue and photographer. Can anyone help give me an idea for DJ costs? I have no clue. I figure that will be a large expense so I would like an idea. I am in the Charleston area and would like any reviews also.TIA!

Re: DJ Costs?

• whiterose04whiterose04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ cost about $500 for about 4 or 5 hours. he was great but I am from Clarksburg so my DJ wouldn't be any help. Alot depends the how long you have a dj and if you get lighting and all that how much you are going to spend.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in South Charleston this weekend , my dj is from the Logan area, he charges $100/hr. I called around for some of the local DJs and they are a little more expensive than that. But Will Alderman is his name , his http://www.geocities.com/customeventsdj/.
  • arad24arad24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mcckris - Congrats on getting married this weekend!! If you don't mind, let me know how the DJ was after all the hype of the wedding is over. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Will do! I have been to a wedding he was before and he was decent, he ask for a must have play list. Where is your reception going to be?
  • arad24arad24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking the Civic Center. Haven't offically decided but that is my best option right now. :)
  • WVUITGradWVUITGrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ Thunder - $800 for 6 hoursAAA around $600 for same time
  • edited December 2011
    Scott Light and Lighthouse entertainment .... I got a deal from him; I'm getting 5 hours for $400. You can get a price quote from his website
  • VandetobeVandetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using scott light from him...I got an awesome deal from him. He is traveling to Beckley free and his contract says that he will play as long s you want him to. You schedule him in 4 hour increments but he will play until the party is over. He has been awesome to work with with his planning tools and everything. He was about 400$ and that is on a Sunday so we had a lot of trouble finding someone for a sunday. He gave us a very large discount for paying up front. I think we ended up paying about 300$
  • edited December 2011
    Will from Custom Events was the DJ for my wedding a couple weeks ago. He did wonderful! He had a the songs we wanted for special dances. He was also very patient with my  nephews who kept requesting the Rascal Flatts song from the Cars movies!!! 
  • amy021476amy021476 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I signed a contract with Lighthouse around the first of August for New Years Eve, only to find out on Sept 3 from the Marriott that Mr. Light is no longer allowed on their property.  According to the Marriot, he knew this in advance of taking my money.  I paid him over 800 dollars.  Mr. Light has yet to return my money to me and it has been almost a month.  Nice guy but just hope you don't have to try and get your money back from him.  Much more to the story but I'll leave it at that as I'm not into name calling.
  • edited December 2011
    Do not hire Scott Light! He did a good job at our reception for the most part, but dealing with him before and after the wedding was horrible. He does not put his customers first and has an attitude problem. If anyone wants specifics, you can email me at caraelizabeth930@yahoo.com.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance is a DJ in the Morgantown area. Has good deals about $100/hr or less depending on size, ect. Email me if interested. nursekite@comcast.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards