Flowers
Options

Colors

Hi everyone,

My wedding is being planned for Oct. 27, 2012...so I have some time. But I have no idea what colors to pick. i like red, but what goes with red? i feel like everyone does pink or purple so I would like to stay away from those. Any suggestions???

Thanks,

Laura Tongue out

Re: Colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    With that time of year, I would use fall colors. I have seen some great fall wedding photos with brown and orange combo. 

Red and gold would be a good color combo if you want to use red. I think that would be a great combo choice as well.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can use whatever colors you love no matter the time of year.  A very popular color combo (and my second choice for my wedding) is black and white with red accents.  If you Google colors and put "wedding" after it, lots of inspiration board will come up and these can be really helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out www.theperfectpalette.blogspot.com

this site was a HUGE help when I was trying to nail down my color palette

here's a link to their red boards:
    http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/search/label/Red
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My BMs were in a darker purple. The bouquets were red & orange with hints of yellow and green. My bouquet was the same but I had hints of purple to tie everything in. It was very fallish and looked nice. I don't have a professional picture with me right now but here is an amateur one. I was supposed to have a little more red but the kangaroo paw wasn't fully blooming.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had red and gold for my October wedding.  BMs wore Apple red dresses from DB.  Bouquettes were circus roses with red hypericum berries. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    * orange + red + yellow
    * red + gold+
    * black & white
    * hot pink
    * dark green
    * your favorite colour
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board