Texas-Austin
Options

Honeymoon plans?

I have given the FI the job of planning the honeymoon, and I was wondering if anyone has used a local travel agent or other planning site to help coordinate everything. Anyone had a good experience with this yet?Also, where are you planning on going? We are going in April and I'm worried about how the seasons will play out in different areas.

Re: Honeymoon plans?

• Options
    shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Horseshoe Bay Resort and had a great time.  It was definitely a decision based on finances, but it was perfect for what we needed.
  • Options
    henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did quite a bit of research on TripAdvisor.com once we decided where we were going. As far as weather goes, I'd pick a few areas and then look up the average weather for April. Most tourism websites have "best times to go" and "worst times to go."
  • Options
    may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always use tripadvisor.com to check out hotels -- their member reviews are pretty accurate.Also, check out weather.com and click on 'Averages' to study the monthly temperatures as well as rain amounts for places across the US.  Once you decide on a place, get a few travel books to read up on the locale, attractions, and events.  Many websites give calendars of forthcoming events in their area.Also, some credit cards affiliated with hotels will give you points for applying for their credit cards.  We were able to get several nights' stays for free by charging wedding expenses on the cards as well as using the points that were given for becoming a cardmember.
  • Options
    cstrattontxcstrattontx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are geeting married in April also and planning on either the Mediterranean or South America. It is the end of summer in South america. I am using a Timeshare for our Hooneymoon and have been looking up every possible option for a hotel on TravelAdvisor. I really recommend checking them out becuase so often the picutres on the resort webpages are not representative of the quality.
  • Options
    lgurnielgurnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got back from our honeymoon to the San Juan Islands and Seattle. We were there in the off season and still had a great time. We're just not the stay on the beach type of couple. We loved the ferries, the water, and the mountains. We had wonderful dinners and stayed at a super cool hotel, the Alexis downtown. It may not be for everyone, but our trip was perfect for us. We planned it without the help of a travel agent...that's just not how we roll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards