New Hampshire
Options

WWYD.....I have two Dads!

I have been going back and forth on this for awhile. I am still not sure what I want to do so I thought I would ask you ladies for your opinions! My parents divorced when I was 4. My Mom re-married when I was 6 and my Dad re-married when I was 14. My Stepdad has been like a second Dad to me and has always considered me his daughter. On the other hand I have an amazing relationship with my Dad and we have always been very close since it was just he and I for 10 years. Both sets of my parents are paying for the weddding equally and FI asked both "Dads" for permission before he proposed.I am really torn as to who I should have walk me down the aisle. My Mom is pushing me towards asking both my Dad and Stepdad to walk me down together. I do agree with this suggestion, but I am so worried about offending my Dad or hurting his feelings. He is really easy-going and laid back so I am sure he would say it's fine. He also has two other daughters (my little sisters are 5), where I am my Stepdad's only girl. If I have both give me away I only want to do a Dad/Daughter dance with my Dad. I have been avoiding this decision, but I really need to figure it out.Thoughts? Suggestions?
TTC #1 Since July 2011
BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
TTC on hold until December

Re: WWYD.....I have two Dads!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your mom to have both dad's walk you down the aisle. I had both my mom and dad give me away and when making the decision someone gave me this advice: you will never regret having both give you away, but you may regret it if you don't.good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of both. I understand where you're coming from about not wanting to offend your dad. I would feel the same way. I would def do the father daughter dance with your biological dad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with your mom and sweetest thing. The way you have just described your relationships I am sure they would both be quite honored to walk you down the aisle and both will understand. Definitely dance with your Dad for the Father-Daughter dance. GL! :-)
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! That really helped! I am going to talk to my Dad about it this weekend!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of doing it the way you suggested.  I would suggest talking to your biological dad about it just to make sure.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi EDK, My thoughts and suggestions...You have two dads... You have two men to walk you down the aisle and two to give you away!  That's wonderful and double the love!!  About hurting your dad's feelings... he MUST as a mature adult understand that while he is your father and you love him, there is another man who has also provided love and support, etc throughout your years and as it is YOUR day, you would like to feel both great men support you by walking you down the aisle..  I see nothing wrong with it!OR as another option... your step dad walks you the first half and your dad walks you the second half.  There is no rule that says must never stop while walking down the aisle.  Each man could trade off therefore each getting pictures with you alone down the aisle and each feeling THEIR moment.As for your dance... I believe it's your dad so do it anyway you want to...  Why don't you have the father/daughter dance with each of them.  I wouldn't dance a whole song for both, but combine two different songs... letting them pick it out maybe so they can feel special and important and dance with each.  Start with your dad then end with your stepdad!If you need help combining two songs... I'm sure your dj can do it for you or I can do it for you if you'd like as I am a dance teacher and do this often with my students!No one has their feelings hurt... you get to do everything and share in everything in both ... and your day is magical!I'm wishing you the best!~AmandaDance BecauseAmanda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards